Trying to outfit the Max with Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trying to outfit the Max with Tracks

Trying to outfit the Max with Tracks

OK, so I am trying to outfit my Max II with tracks. I have a set of the Tru Trax (Like over at r6x6) I also have some 22x11x8 Tires sitting under my workbench out in the garage, to the best of my estimation I just need some rims and Wheel extensions.

The extensions seem to be pretty "specialty" and I will likely source them directly from r6x6. But the wheels I am having a little more trouble with. I have read of Beadlock and non beadlock. And apparently there are a few adhesives that can be used when mounting tires? I was looking at these

8X7 5 Bolt Silver Bell Trailer Wheel | RecStuff.com

There cheap, and the spec seems suitable. Question is will they work? Which is rougher on the tire/rim seal, With or without tracks?

Would love to get this together in the next month or snow and have a setup for pushing snow this year.

You'll need 21x11x8 tires for the Max II with tracks. The 22" tires will be too tall and the tracks could rub on the tub. You can get wheel hub spacers from Recreatives. Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

My bad, they are the 21's Runamucks. These are suitable I presume? Anyone know if the extensions would be cheaper from recreatives or R6x6? Also Do you think these rims would be suitable? I can get 6 to my door for like $90.

you can also call your local Argo dealer to get the wheel spacers. That's what I use on my Max IV.

call all of them to get the best price.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

"Local" argo dealer? :-) Theres one a couple hours away I could perhaps give a ring to. How about the rims? Anyone know if those are suitable?

Tim at Adair Argo has the best prices on wheel spacers that I've found yet.
    Last edited by msafi65; 01-02-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Come to think of it, I was looking at those wheel extensions from R6x6 but... There 6", NOS attex stuff. Will I NEED 6" Or something shorter?

Quote Originally Posted by humanshield View Post
    Come to think of it, I was looking at those wheel extensions from R6x6 but... There 6", NOS attex stuff. Will I NEED 6" Or something shorter?
    6" will be a bit too much and they'll wear your bearings out and increase your chances of bending an axle too. Get the correct ones, which will be a bit shorter than 6" from somewhere else.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

OK, so I need some help here, I have a new set of rims now. Turns out the 21" runamucks I had are in worse shape than I originally thought. Anyone know of a good cheap tire for running Tracks on the MAX II? I am going to be using these tires Strictly for tracks, I have another set of tires/rims for running on tires. Do they have to be 21" Or can thay be smaller? 20"?

George is running smaller tires, although I'm not sure what size they are, on his Attex 'Lil Truck.

+ Reply to Thread