Conquest 8x8 re-build

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Conquest 8x8 re-build

no - you're right! calculator fail!

have edited the original post!

thanks!

I got a quote on chains at $76.78 per 10' length.

so $276 to replace all chains in case anyone else in Australia is wondering.

this was through blackwoods.com.au

dont know if this will help you, but maybe these folks can do better. shipping, of couse, is where it is going to hurt. Make sure you get good chain though, if it is poor chain, it will do more harm than good

good luck

Got a bit more work done over the weekend.
    All of the axles, sprockets and flanges have been cleaned, & the bearing houses given a scrub with a brass wheel brush in a die grinder.

All of the Bearing extensions have been trial fitted back on, (after purchasing the 24 Bolts @$3 each!!!)

and all of the missing or damaged bearing housing flange bolts have been replaced.

The good news is that most of the bearings are serviceable, except for 2 that are badly damaged. So these will be cleaned up and put back into service.

The bad news is that 3 of the sprockets will need replacing, as well as an axle flange that has been chewed out somehow.

I've attached pics of the damaged axle flange, plus the damaged axle I mentioned earlier on.

I must have scraped about half a cup of chewed up grass and crud out of the damaged flange...proof that when in place, the axle seals really work well.

flange.jpg

axle.jpg

Wheel size?

can anyone tell me what the stud hole size is of the 8x7 wheels?

is it 5x 4.25"???

or 5x 4.5" ???
    Last edited by mitchamus; 01-24-2012 at 12:24 AM.

5 x 4.5

Just read my post, i dont know why the link didnt work for a cheap place to buy good single and double 50 chain.

Welcome to WWW.BELARUSAGSUPPLY.COM - Belarus Agricultural Supplyâ„¢ <BR>Division Of Belarus Tractor International

good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks for the link, but it looks like Belarus don't ship internationally! - but I'll contact them directly to see.

even so - I have $118 to play with for shipping!

Is that a good place to get sprockets too?

Quote Originally Posted by spookum View Post
    Just read my post, i dont know why the link didnt work for a cheap place to buy good single and double 50 chain.

Welcome to WWW.BELARUSAGSUPPLY.COM - Belarus Agricultural Supply™ <BR>Division Of Belarus Tractor International

good luck and keep us posted!
    I called them and inquired about their chain, its imported from China.. Personally, I'll pass on it. I'm sure you can find some better chain elsewhere for not too much on ebay.

As an example I bought 2x 10ft rolls of Diamond 50-2 chain for about $110USD w/ shipping, and a 10ft roll of Diamond 60-1 for under $40USD w/ shipping. All chain is unused, new in box still sealed in plastic, shelf surplus, mfg dated as far back as 04/04/2003. Its out there you just have to be patent and look.
    Last edited by Dan67; 01-31-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Thanks for the heads up- the wont ship international anyway, they advised me to try a shipping-forwarder- but it's just too much hassle. I'll just use the local chain I think.

Made some more progress yesterday, got the left side chain tensioners cleaned up and reinstalled, however the right hand side ones - all 3 sets of upper and lower arms are broken. Some of them look like they've been cut!!!
    I also found another axle flange that needs replacing, and also
    - a bent axle!!!

As I'm still waiting to put my parts order in, I'm now going to move on to mounting the tank.
    Which means- constructing an entirely new top frame
    The existing one is so bent its not salvageable
    Oh well, at least the steel is cheap!
    Last edited by mitchamus; 02-05-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: typo

+ Reply to Thread