Max IV width with tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV width with tracks

Max IV width with tracks

Hello all, thanks for this forum, great info
    I've finally found a max IV with tracks and have to drive 5-6 hrs to get it and I'd rather not take a trailer if anyone knows that it would fit widthwise in a ford f-150 I plan on building a platform to load it above the wheel wells. I have 60" clearance between the rails in the rear of the truck to clear. Thanks in advance for any advice.

welcome to the site cvabldr go to max atv by RI industries site (google) it should be the first listing and look up the max 4 under build a maxand it will tell you the length , width and weight and anything else you would want to know but with the tracks on it might not if you take the tracks off maybe I have a max ll and it is 59" with out tracks good luck

My Max IV with tracks is 66 or 68 inches wide. Even if you take the tracks off there are still about 4" spacers on each side on the wheels. I borrowed a two place snowmobile trailer when I picked up mine and it worked perfect.

Take off the tracks, then take off the wheel hub spacers, load all those parts in the Max (put something over the seats so it doesn't mess them up) and then load everything in the back of the truck after you put the wheels and tires back on without the spacers or tracks bolted on. I made it home in a 2008 Dodge Dakota without any issues from Burlington, VT all the way to Buffalo, NY with a 2001 Max II that I bought for my dad. I took the tracks off and the wheel hub spacers off and put them in the back of the Max and loaded it up and down the road I went. Good luck with it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Take off the tracks, then take off the wheel hub spacers, load all those parts in the Max (put something over the seats so it doesn't mess them up) and then load everything in the back of the truck after you put the wheels and tires back on without the spacers or tracks bolted on. I made it home in a 2008 Dodge Dakota without any issues from Burlington, VT all the way to Buffalo, NY with a 2001 Max II that I bought for my dad. I took the tracks off and the wheel hub spacers off and put them in the back of the Max and loaded it up and down the road I went. Good luck with it.
    Don't forget you have to take the rails off of the bearing cages also, otherwise the wheels wont fit back on without the spacers.

Pulling the tracks and wheel spacers is quite a bit of work. Note from experience, if you haul the max in the pickup they ride better with the engine against the cab. On a platform block it so you don't break the back window! I've hauled a II a lot of miles but the IV on tracks is almost 68 inches wide. Enjoy your new ride.

Thanks everyone for the advice, I guess I have resigned myself to take the trailer and avoid the disassembly. Picking it up tomorrow and can't wait for the max IV but sad I'll have to soon part with our max II. I don't think I've got the time to maintain 2 machines.

Cool, post pics up when you get it home.......and by the way keep both machines, you'll be glad you did!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I have a upper deck made for snowmobiles just what u want !!! jonnyquad@msn.com
    Quote Originally Posted by cvabldr View Post
    hello all, thanks for this forum, great info
    i've finally found a max iv with tracks and have to drive 5-6 hrs to get it and i'd rather not take a trailer if anyone knows that it would fit widthwise in a ford f-150 i plan on building a platform to load it above the wheel wells. I have 60" clearance between the rails in the rear of the truck to clear. Thanks in advance for any advice.

+ Reply to Thread