newbie here with a sidewinder

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: newbie here with a sidewinder

newbie here with a sidewinder

Hey everyone I got a sidewinder the other day I guess is made by hustler I have some pictures but I'm at work today so I will have to wait til then to post em but it has the 18 hp briggs in it and it came with tracks but ill have to get the pictures up later tonight.

Also where can i find parts for this thing? I can already tell i need a throttle cable and i may need a starter as well

Welcome aboard. The Hustler 950 and Sidewinder are pretty much the exact same machine. Whatever you do, don't deal with Richard's Relics / Route6x6. You'll get overcharged, unreasonably high shipping and handling charges, poor customer service, and inferior quality parts.

Measure the length of your throttle cable and you can get a new throttle handle and cable assembly from Recreatives. Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511 Just measure the length of yours and they'll be able to get one from a Max to you that is a similar lenght. As far as the starter goes, you can get one cheap off ebay:

I think this is the one, but you might want to double check it with yours. NEW STARTER BRIGGS STRATTON 5-18HP 497595 693054 497594 | eBay
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Ok great thanks for the info! I had been looking at that richards relics and hes sayin he just bought a bunch of hustler overstock or left over stock. Thanks for the heads up tho if they are doin that i want no part. I have a ton of leaves and dirt in the bottom of it and it has been sitting for like 20 years. the chains are pretty rusty. I was gonna get it running and get em moving some and then take em off and soak em in deisel or something to help break up the rust a little.

You would be better off replacing your chains.It would prevent future problems.

Ok I finally got a few pictures up here. I worked on it most of the day, I got the top off it got it all washed up and everything. How do i tell if i have a T-20 trans and also where are the serial numbers on the motor so i can find the starter i need its a little different than the one you posted.
    Attached Images

It looks like a t-20 to me. It is kindof hard to tell with the trans sooo small in the picture. Here are t-20's, new and old style.
    Attached Images

Ah yes I have the one on the left Thank you!. Any idea on where to get chains?

You need 50# chain. EBay, Amazon, and many specialty retailers on line sell chain. The better the chain, the longer it lasts. Many members use diamond brand chain. Its good stuff and made in the good old USA.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Excellent! Searching now

+ Reply to Thread