Popping while turning

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Popping while turning

Popping while turning

Im posting for a buddy who just bought a 2009 Gas Mudd Ox.
    The problem we are having is that when were are turning tight circles the left side chain pops. It is not was tight as the right side. So we adjusted the tensioner and it will just push it back up.

Just wonder what else could be the problem

When you where tighting the chain was the tires off the ground? What chain is it 1st, 2nd or 3rd ? If you didn't have the tires off the ground you can't get the chain tight. Hope this helps. Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

Yes the tires were off the ground and its the chain that links the front tires to the rest

gokorn1 I sent you a PM. Thanks Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

You might have a bearing out, giving it slack and allowing the chain to jump
    Slim

You might just try calling Matt at Mudd-Ox and ask him. He designed it and is probably your best resource for repairs and upkeep. Im sure he will be happy to help :-)

Matt Oxender is the man who designed the Mudd-Ox since its inception and he would be the man to call about this issue if you can't get it resolved.

I know this machine has argo rubber tracks on it. to properly adjust the tension on the chains the tracks need to be removed. Also add some star type lock washers under the adjusting bolts so there is a little more friction so the adjuster pads don't slip down. These two things should eliminate the popping. I would also recommend the rear chains be removed when using rubber tracks to help eliminate chain windup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    When you where tighting the chain was the tires off the ground? What chain is it 1st, 2nd or 3rd ? If you didn't have the tires off the ground you can't get the chain tight. Hope this helps. Cougar
    My 2010 Diesel was doing the same thing on the right side,, it turns out that the bearing in the drive chain tightener was bad. It is easy to check,, just find the masterlink and disconnect the chain once you have loosened the tightener,, the tightener will slide off the adjuster bolt.

The 2010 version has a different chain tensioning system then the 09 gas model.

+ Reply to Thread