Duromax Throttle Return

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duromax Throttle Return

Duromax Throttle Return

ok got a duromax 4 stroke engine, still lookin for a clutch does anyone know and have some pics on how to set up a trhottle on these? the factory one is not really spring loaded so do i need to fab a high tension spring to get it to work right?

Have you had any response? don't see any here , I have the same question hope someone has the answer.

Hey guys,
    I have a PowerMax which is now called DuroMax. I had a few different spring set ups that always seem to stiff. It has to be strong enough to pull it back which makes it hard to give it any throttle. I finally came up with a good solution. I unhooked all the original throttle stuff and threw it in the weeds. Trash works too. I did leave the connecting linkage from the governor arm to the carb. butterfly linkage connected. Then I hooked the cable to that linkage. I ended up connecting it better then in the picture by drilling 2 little hole in a bolt for the rod and cable. And now the governor itself pulls the cable back. No spring pressure to fight with your fingers. It was the best mod I ever did. When its not running there is no return though but that's not an issue.. But when its running it works good and is very effortless to hit the throttle. And runs so much stronger. I thought it would just rev more but its better all the way around. I think the original design doesn't let it open up all the way. So it not only gained some MPH by revving more but accelerated quicker and was easier to pull. You will have to be careful with over revving but I have revved the crap out of it with no problems. So you have to be careful but not really, lol. Here is a picture.

Great help Larry Thanks!!

Larry you are the man

+ Reply to Thread