attex sprockets/chains don't line up?!?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: attex sprockets/chains don't line up?!?

attex sprockets/chains don't line up?!?

for some reason i install the sprockets on the new axles for the attex, and the sprocket for the middle passenger axle does not line up with the t-20 AND the front axle the same time. it's supposedly all the original sprockets, but i don't imagine the attex was made with a sprocket offset an inch or so from the t-20 output...unless that's why they added that adjustable idler/sprocket on the back...any ideas?

not sure what frame your working with, but if it's a 6 chain setup, the right center axle is different than the rest as far as hole location for the sprocket tube bolt.
    hope that helps
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    not sure what frame your working with, but if it's a 6 chain setup, the right center axle is different than the rest as far as hole location for the sprocket tube bolt.
    hope that helps
    the outer sprocket on right-center lines up with the right-front sprocket, but then the second right-center sprockets doesn't line up with the t-20. i believe it's a 4 chain setup. i have no idea how i could make it 6 chain without a 3rd sprocket on one of the axles. all the other 5 line up perfectly. it's just this one axle.

ok, then you need to loosen all the axle set screws and ecentric collars on the 3 right side axles. also loosen the u-bolt holding the brake caliper. slide the middle axle in or out till the sprocket lines up with the T-20. lock that one down and move the front and rear axle in or out to line them back up. it's kind of a pain in the butt process, but there is no side to side adjustment for the trany, so you have to line that one up first.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

We tried that when installing, but if you line that one sprocket up with the tranny, the other sprocket is against the frame and the chains will rub. I'll attach a picture.

measure the distance between sprockets on the left center, and right center axles. i'm not sure if they are different, but if so you may have mixed them up when assembling the machine

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    measure the distance between sprockets on the left center, and right center axles. i'm not sure if they are different, but if so you may have mixed them up when assembling the machine
    i thought at first maybe i mixed it up, but the two front axles have the sprockets with disc brakes, and the rear axles only get one chain, leaving both center axles for two sprockets. the one on the driver's side has a bigger space between sprockets according to pics on here...plus everything on the drivers side lines up perfectly, and everything on the passenger side lines up perfectly except for this one sprocket on the center axle passenger side...

here's a picture...the sprockets to the farthest right doesn't look straight, but it is. it's just the shot.
    Attached Images

axle alignment

andy was the machine together when you got it or did you get to piece it together. sometimes people mix things up . (somebody needs to give andy a middle right axle tube measuremet length and placement of hole and axle length and placement of hole) that is your best bet AND IT IS A 4 CHAIN. when i got my first six wheeler it had axle that had slightly misalighned holes chain bind occured did not know to i got a original axle. I think somebody gave you a wrong sprocket tube maybe ????? I do not know much about t20s except i rebuilt one. I do not know how a t20 sprocket could be misaligned so i think it is your tube. KEEP US UPDATED AND GOOD LUCK

+ Reply to Thread