@001 MAX IV with Rubber tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: @001 MAX IV with Rubber tracks

Anybody ever tried jb weld on these bodies just wondering if it can repair a cracked engine block why not a tub

I patched holes in HDPE using the automotive BLACK GOOP glue (urethane based I think). It's strong and hold up to hdpe pretty well.

I'm running my rubber tracks with the maxxis 4snow tires @ 6psi so the tire guides can't flex the tire sidewalls. Most people around here are doing the same.

so far no hole in my Max IV tub using 2.5" axle extensions (Argo)

2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Watch this video WEST SYSTEM | Plastic Boat Repair - Kayak Massacre
    I just bought some but have not had the chance to use it yet......it certainly looks strong enough.
    I may be done with plastic welding and burning my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    Watch this video WEST SYSTEM | Plastic Boat Repair - Kayak Massacre
    I just bought some but have not had the chance to use it yet......it certainly looks strong enough.
    I may be done with plastic welding and burning my fingers.
    Funny ! Called the rep for this stuff. seams to be good epoxy. Only thing is cure time and temp and sag. The thickened stuff would work but I have alot of area to fill. 39.00 bucks for 2 part tube . I think I will plastic weld the best I can and RI is shipping me a couple of rear corners from a defective tub and I will weld them over top of the damage after I repair gash in tub first. I think a second layer of protection can't hurt ,maybe on the new pieces I will pop in or bolt a little metal plate where the rub would reoccur . Just have to decide what gage I will use.AND THEN I WILL NOT BE SPINNING IN A CIRCLE WITH TRACKS ON ANYMORE!!! Lesson Learned the hard way once again.

OK time for me to chime in, I have a max-II with the older track system. if you are missing any of the guides or low air perisher, your track's will walk off.
    pushing snow puts more load on the tiers and thay will deform from the load cosing your track to walk off. I cannot give you the perisher you should run but can tell you that to low of air will make that happen. as fare as repairing the tub you can get the welding gun at harbor-frat and the welding material from old gas and oil cans BUT if you use the oil container's you must clean it completely of oil or will not stick. filler rod can be ordered from MC-Master-car but thy only sell it in white.

The max with goodyear tires and rubber tracks need at least 6psi to work hard. I tell everyone with tracks that tire pressure is critical. The at101 carlisles need 7 to 8 psi to hold a track. I just did an Argo repair with some Tap Plastics poly weld. was 13.95 a package and I ordered it from the factory web site. It seams to bond to properly treated material. I backed it up with aluminum and liquid tite rivits. They have a great video on its use. good luck

If your tracks are slipping, there's only so much additional tire pressure you can add. I think Recreatives says the max is 5 PSI. Anyhow, it could be that your tracks have stretched. You can shorten them by taking the connectors off and cutting 1/2" off the rubber. Then, reinstall the connectors. I haven't done that to mine yet and they seem to be doing okay if I run 4.5 PSI in all tires. Tire pressure must be checked frequently or it will drop to 2.5. At that pressure, I'd throw a track in a heartbeat--no fun to reinstall in the woods.

KTCole

+ Reply to Thread