intake icing up on kolher 440

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: intake icing up on kolher 440

intake icing up on kolher 440

went for a ride today on the machine and noticed the intake was freezing up on me! why would this do this? you could see the frost on the intake and it was ice cold to the touch! was I running the fuel to lean?

The tempreture drop from air passing through a venturi in a carburetor is amazing. Carb ice is deadly in aircraft and can happen at almost any temp with the right humidity. usually high humidity and about 35 F is the worst for ice. To get these air cooled engines to run without iceing in cold weather I end up enclosing the engine covers to get warm air to the intake. Just the opposite of hot weather running.Some kohler and kawasaki engines have a setting on the air filter housing to allow warm air for cold weather use.If you freeze up and stall wait a few minutes for the engine heat to thaw the intake out then restart.The throttle butterfly will sometimes freeze in place and you feel it in the lever.

+ Reply to Thread