tru trax vs Adair vs others

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: tru trax vs Adair vs others

tru trax vs Adair vs others

I am looking at getting tracks for my conquest with the factory 22" runamucks. I know everyone says the Adair tracks are the best but I am also looking at cost. If the Adairs are only a little better than the Tru Trax I would save over 1000.00 dollars. My machine will never see snow! I do 90% of my running in rice fields, red clay mud, or river bottom mud.

I must respond here,
    1. Durable-the Adair system with last longer
    2. Less wear and tear on the machine-Adair tracks are the champ here.
    3. Adair tracks clean out in the mud- other systems don't compare here and Adair tracks bite in the mud better than anything I have seen, they totally out performed my Tatou tracks on my Suzuki Vinson in every condition- and that Suzuki was bad to the bone!
    4. Adair tracks will pull you over fallen trees and out of mud-I have seen other tracks systems (super tracks) that won't pull you out of watery mud holes and don't swim!
    5. ADAIR tracks swim-the other don't swim at all or barely move in the water
    6. In the conditions you describe your machine will never get stuck with a set of Adair tracks
    7. The grousers on the side of the Adair tracks system attack the mud- the true track system uses the grouser to hold the tracks on the tires

If you buy a set of the other tracks and get stuck you will always wonder if Adair tracks would outperform the tracks you bought in the same conditions-the answer is yes, the Adair tracks would out perform them period.Save yourself time and money and buy the best first.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 01-27-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    I must respond here,
    3. Adair tracks clean out in the mud- other systems don't compare here and Adair tracks bite in the mud better than anything I have seen, they totally out performed my Tatou tracks on my Suzuki Vinson in every condition- and that Suzuki was bad to the bone!
    4. Adair tracks will pull you over fallen trees and out of mud-I have seen other tracks systems (super tracks) that won't pull you out of watery mud holes and don't swim!
    6. In the conditions you describe your machine will never get stuck with a set of Adair tracks
    7. The grousers on the side of the Adair tracks system attack the mud- the true track system uses the grouser to hold the tracks on the tires

If you buy a set of the other tracks and get stuck you will always wonder if Adair tracks would outperform the tracks you bought in the same conditions-the answer is yes, the Adair tracks would out perform them period.Save yourself time and money and buy the best first.
    My hang up is the price. I am not really getting stuck now unless I get high centered. When I have been stuck I got out and we lifted the argo up, then push the back over. The 2500.00 price tag for the Adair Tracks is a chunk of change to spend on a toy. I am sure one of the main reason I have not been stuck more is because I drive around stuff that looks bad.

Does anyone have any feedback on the Tru Trax?

crowhater

Call Adair Argo up and see if they have a set of some earlier generation tracks that will sell you. This will save you some money. That's what one forum member did that owns a Max II. This Max II owner is one happy camper now.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    I must respond here,

I think we have to be careful here when comparing two things and make sure that you try both brands of tracks that are being compared before drawing any conclusions. We don't want to mislead someone when they are looking for real world comparisons from people that have tried both. I'm not being negative towards the Adair tracks because they look to be well built with a lot of R&D put behind them and they do perform well. On top of that, Tim is a great guy. However, the question is asking about the comparison between the performance of two different types of tracks. You can't say that one is better without trying the other first

Dan, I'm not picking on you, I know how happy you are with the performance of your tracks and they did work great when I saw them in person. I just wouldn't want to claim a winner in a track shootout without giving the other brand a chance. And crowhater, don't let my post take away from what mightymaxIV is saying, what you should take from his post is that he is extremely happy with the performance of his Adair tracks and wouldn't own anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I think we have to be careful here when comparing two things and make sure that you try both brands of tracks that are being compared before drawing any conclusions. We don't want to mislead someone when they are looking for real world comparisons from people that have tried both. I'm not being negative towards the Adair tracks because they look to be well built with a lot of R&D put behind them and they do perform well. On top of that, Tim is a great guy. However, the question is asking about the comparison between the performance of two different types of tracks. You can't say that one is better without trying the other first

Dan, I'm not picking on you, I know how happy you are with the performance of your tracks and they did work great when I saw them in person. I just wouldn't want to claim a winner in a track shootout without giving the other brand a chance. And crowhater, don't let my post take away from what mightymaxIV is saying, what you should take from his post is that he is extremely happy with the performance of his Adair tracks and wouldn't own anything else.
    Got you Mike, but here's what I know for sure. I had a modified Suzuki Vinson with a set of Tatou four season Rubber Tracks with a 1 1/8 cleat- man that thing had a BIG FOOT PRINT!
    I was able to run the Vinson and the Argo several times in many extreme conditions. If I were looking at the two designs I would have told you flat out the Tatou tracks would out perform the Adair system.
    This simply was not the case. The rubber tracks would glaze over with mud and become a slick where the Adair tracks would clean out. The Adair Tracked Argo simply walked circles around the Vinson in every area I ran the two machines in. If the Vinson got stuck in a nasty mud hole the Argo with Adair tracks walked right through like it was a sunday picnic. Needless to say the tracked Vinson couldn't follow the Argo into the swamps and other areas I run in, I couldn't even get a comparison in these areas, here is a couple of pictures of the machines for comparison.

Forgot to say that the Vinson had a lot of ground clearance! It didn't matter! The Argo still smoked it!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 01-27-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crowhater View Post
    I am looking at getting tracks for my conquest with the factory 22" runamucks. I know everyone says the Adair tracks are the best but I am also looking at cost. If the Adairs are only a little better than the Tru Trax I would save over 1000.00 dollars. My machine will never see snow! I do 90% of my running in rice fields, red clay mud, or river bottom mud.
    are the tru trax really cheaper than the OEM Argo plastic tracks ?
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

Dan, I'm not picking on you, I know how happy you are with the performance of your tracks and they did work great when I
    saw them in person. I just wouldn't want to claim a winner in a track shootout without giving the other brand a chance. And
    crowhater, don't let my post take away from what mightymaxIV is saying, what you should take from his post is that he is
    extremely happy with the performance of his Adair tracks and wouldn't own anything else.

I believe what everyone is saying but I would like to hear from the opposition. I don't care if it is Corvettes, Airboats, Shotguns, or tools, it is human nature to talk up what ever you own. This does not mean what they have is not the best because it very well could be. I just saying no one is going to say " I paid 3k for a set of tracks that perform about the same as XYZ tracks.

Once again from the sounds of it the Adair tracks are the cats arse but I will still like to hear about the Tru traxs performance.

I don't own a set of adair but had the argo 13" (trutrax) , the argo 18" plastic then my home made 15" rubber

none of the tracks I OWNED will swim in water (rice fields) and the plastic 13" and 18" will pack in clay mud.
    Last edited by smog; 01-28-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Quote Originally Posted by smog View Post
    I don't own a set of adair but had the argo 13" (trutrax) , the argo 18" plastic then my home made 15" rubber

none of them will swim in water (rice fields) and the plastic 13" and 18" will pack in clay mud.
    My Tatou Rubber tracks also packed in clay mud and didn't clean out-they turned into a slick, If I would have had these same type of tracks (Tatou rubber) on the Argo the MUD would have built up between the tracks and the machine and stopped the machine. Adair tracks do clean out, but you don't have to take my word for it watch either of these videos.

Go to the .35 second mark of this video and check out the mud.

The second half of this video has me moving through Gumbo mud with out water-see for your self that the tracks clean out-I pulled two highly modified quads and one stock quad out of the easy areas of this mud-nothing else could move in this area- the Argo walked through it like it was nothing!

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 01-28-2012 at 11:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread