Dont know where to look for wheels

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dont know where to look for wheels

Dont know where to look for wheels

Seems while window shopping on line, when I look for wheels (rims) for my hustler. All Im finding is mags. I'd like to find just regular, no frills rims. Any one have a link?

your easiest route would be to call recreative and get a set of K-locks for a max... next best would post a wanted here on the site for the rims. surely someone has recently upgraded to the K-locks and wants to unload their old rims. Permatex high tack gasket sealant will keep tires on non-K rims just fine... I ran my wild wolf for 2 years at 3 psi on golf cart rims with no bead lock using the permatex and never lost a bead. let this pic serve as an example of how easily the Wolf gets driven (and this is an easy day for it)
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Zoood,

I found some neat wheel options on the lawn tractor pulling sites.........This might be of some help.

I might have a set of factory wheels and tires available for sale if your interested pm me. Thanks Thomas
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by highrollinmopars View Post
    I might have a set of factory wheels and tires available for sale if your interested pm me. Thanks Thomas
    High, the set I have now will do. however if I have bad luck with what I have on here now till I can afford to spend for used or new tires. I'll keep your offer in mind. Thank youm zoood

Quote Originally Posted by turtlecrawler View Post
    Zoood,

I found some neat wheel options on the lawn tractor pulling sites.........This might be of some help.
    Turtle, I went to the site you suggested and yes it is helpful. Thank you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    your easiest route would be to call recreative and get a set of K-locks for a max... next best would post a wanted here on the site for the rims. surely someone has recently upgraded to the K-locks and wants to unload their old rims. Permatex high tack gasket sealant will keep tires on non-K rims just fine... I ran my wild wolf for 2 years at 3 psi on golf cart rims with no bead lock using the permatex and never lost a bead. let this pic serve as an example of how easily the Wolf gets driven (and this is an easy day for it)
    racerone3. Thank you for your help on this. I do take notes. What I was trying to find out by window shopping is price comparison. I havent a clue as to how much the K-locks go for nor do I for any other rims. My wheels or I should say the tires read 21x 11.00 x 8. I've read in here that this size is what I need to run with the plastic tracks my hustler came with. Where I'm at. No atvs or aatvs have ever rode through. But since I own the property. I dont plan on making it a play ground for atvs. Just the use of mine. Here it's a creek and wet lands along with mud and brier patches everywhere.
    The tracks I'm hoping will aid in helping me make a trail through the briers. Especially since their all dead and laying down this time of year. When I'm not running the tracks. I was think about getting this type of tire - Kenda K534 Sand Gecko V-Paddle Sand Tire - ATV - Motorcycle Superstore

It would work fine in the tracks and looks like it would swim fine without the tracks too. What do think of these tires?
    zoood

+ Reply to Thread