Lawn tractor wheels/tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lawn tractor wheels/tires

Lawn tractor wheels/tires

I was considering putting a smaller and smoother tire/wheel combo on. The rawhide tires tear up the boat yard and the beach which is not desirable. They are worn down and did not swim at all either. I do not need the climbing-all terrain ability to move trailers around and run down a paved ramp to the beach. A smaller tire would also bring the top speed down so I do not worry as much about kids joy riding. Although I do lose a little ground clearance

I thought I read here that other folks had used lawn tractor tires. What are your thoughts and experiences? (hope this is not a tar and feather me kind of question)

Great deal!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks Krahsb, I'll run that down.

i put a set of 12' rims off of a lawn mower and they bolt right up seems to be no problem and u can even mount turf tires on them or regular atv tires. wheels seem so hard to find for theese things. i found them online for $95.00 per wheel so i went to a mower grave yard and got 6 wheels off the rear of some old mowers and they did the trick and it was only like $20 a rim lol..... good luck. im looking for som bigger tires if know where i can get them cheap. my max came with 21' tires and i want 25 or 26' tires if i can find them

Did you ever run Turf Tires on a skid steer vehicle? Do they work or do they roll off the rims? Do they tear up the ground less than the chevron style tires?
    Last edited by Russell King; 03-23-2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: corrected text

+ Reply to Thread