max ii for sale questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: max ii for sale questions

Talking max ii for sale questions

hi everone i found a max ii on adair argo sales.com under the preowned section and the guys name is tim and i was asking him how many hours it has on it and he emailed back "just looked at the max ii and it does not have a hour meter but it obviously has very low hours" do 2005 max ii have hour meters cause another 2005 max 2 i looked at it had a hour meter what does this mean and does anyone think $5,200 is a lot for this vehicle.

As far as the hour meter goes u have to special order the with the hour meter. I bought mine with one so I could keep up with the maintenance. If it has low hours and is in good shape I don't think 5200 is a bad deal if u price a new one your looking at 10,000. Do u no what motor is in it?

Max doesn't come standard with the hour meter. An important thing to remember also, is that the hour meters on the Max and Argos is not as dependable as the odometer on a car. A meter on a Max can be unhooked or replaced at any point in their life. I've seen many vehicles that have an hour meter but not the one installed by the factory. Also, ATVs are used and maintained in drastically different ways. One vehicle with 100 hours might look brand new from light use and good maintenance, while another vehicle with 100 hours could be trashed. It's best to inspect each vehicle and see how it has been cared for, and buy accordingly. I haven't seen the Max II you are refering to in person, but I know Tim sells only quality machines and will tell you the condition as accurately as possible.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

swamp donkey i pretty sure that it is a 23hp

If it's got a 23hp in it that makes the price even better

I ordered my factory direct Max II with an hourmeter. But I think my vehicle has maybe 200 hours total. Other machines have that many int he first year of use. Like Indiana Jones once said, "It's not the years, Honey. It's the mileage." Wear & tear mean a lot more than total hours. An conscientious owner that faithfully services and properly stores their rig can have a 30 year old machine that looks great, whereas an owner that constantly rides it hard & puts it away wet can have a 2 year old machine that looks like poop. Buyer beware and always (if possible) thoroughly inspect a machine before purchase!!

$5200 seems a little high. Here's a 2006 Max II with a 23HP Kohler, heated throttle cable, roll bar, 22" Rawhides, and it looks brand new and it's $4500 obo.

Max II 6x6
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    I ordered my factory direct Max II with an hourmeter. But I think my vehicle has maybe 200 hours total. Other machines have that many int he first year of use. Like Indiana Jones once said, "It's not the years, Honey. It's the mileage." Wear & tear mean a lot more than total hours. An conscientious owner that faithfully services and properly stores their rig can have a 30 year old machine that looks great, whereas an owner that constantly rides it hard & puts it away wet can have a 2 year old machine that looks like poop. Buyer beware and always (if possible) thoroughly inspect a machine before purchase!!
    ah yes, but what kind of poop?
    i have tools, and i have hands, its the filler between my ears thats missing.

thanks for the info everyone

I recall speaking w/Tim about the Max2. Its a well equipped unit. The price is directly tied to the quality of the machine. I don't think the price is bad, you get what you pay for in life. There may always be a better deal to be found, as JP pointed out. If you are interested in the machine I suggest that you discuss further with Tim. Most things in life are negotiable, so if you are a cash paying customer, make him an offer and go from there.

+ Reply to Thread