Argo 1999 conquest brake locks up

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo 1999 conquest brake locks up

SOUTHEAST OHIO NEXT TO THE MUSKINGUM RIVER

Argo 1999 conquest brake locks up

I still have my 1999 Argo conquest I just can't let it go....... I have changed the fluid in both master cylinders. (dot5) but after about 10 minutes of driving with no problems ... Th e left brake stays on..... Any ideas or help. Would be greatly appreciated ..thnx

try adjusting the waserlike thing on the ajustment linkage, it has a hex screw in the side of it. when the brake fluid warms it swells and if this washer like thing has nowhere to go it applies brake. sorry i don't know the part name, but its in the service manual. Hope this helps

Rebuild the brake master cylinders. If fluid is getting by this will not allow the brakes to fully disengage. They are really simple and in-expensive to do. If you have pulled the calipers off make sure you have put all the spacing washers back.

Hope this helps.

I have played with brakes for the last 30 years. If you just changed the fluid in the master You have done nothing.
    First you should suck all fluid out of master res clean res then refill. Next then hold brake down and crack bleeder on caliper and allow fluid to come out, then close bleeder then repeat until you get new fluid out. Do not run master dry of fluid. THAT WAY YOU CHANGE ALL BRAKE FLUID
    Now that you have a problem you must find out where the fluid is been blocked. So when the brake is stuck on crack brake line on the master. If brakes are released< It,s your master 'REBUILD' If not crack the bleeder on the caliper If brakes are released then its your hose if not, it,s your caliper, REBUILD.
    BRAKE FLUID IS NOT LIKE A OIL. BRAKE FLUID WILL SUCK MOISTURE RIGHT OUT OF THE AIR, IT IS A VERY DELICT FLUID THERE IS A SILICONE BRAKE FLUID OUT THEIR BUT THEY FOUND IT DO,S NOT HAVE THE SAME LUB AS THE THE REGULAR FLUID DO,S AND. IT WILL WARE THE MASTER SEALS A LOT QUICKER ALSO.

Thanks for all the advice...I will post my findings Thanks again

Well it is finally working great!!!!! The brakes were way out of adjustment..... So I took everyone's advice..I changed the fluid again and again.....until there was no more brown then I adjusted them , bled the brakes .....I followed the manual and now running perfect......thanks to all....now I ride !

+ Reply to Thread