Motor options

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Motor options

Motor options

Ok my 295 wild wolf has no motor and my options are a 11hp horz tecumsu or a 19hp vertical Craftman/Briggs. I had never heard of converting a vert to a horz before but i think that would be better than the idea i had of using idle pullys to turn belt 90 deg. Also i dont think the 11hp will be enough power. I will also be needing tires.
    So whats my best course of action with the motors i have? And how hard is the conversion?

Neither option will work well for you. The 11hp will move your machine, but I fear it wouldn't be much fun. The vertical shaft engine can't be turned to make it a horizontal.....my guess is it would last about 2 minutes before seizing. Your best options would be a honda clone ( eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices ) or a used briggs v-twin. Put a post in the wanted section with your location....maybe another member can help you out. If you are near me, I have a briggs 16hp with clutch that I can part with.

I have seen article on vert to horz conversion. It requires carb realigment an oil dipper added to crank and motor support to reduce stress on mounts not ment to support motor weight.
    Here is post
    http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showpos...7&postcount=30
    Also i will need a torque driver pully. What will be compatable with the stock driven pully a comet 40 or 44?
    Last edited by Drew; 02-20-2012 at 12:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread