Max II ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Max II ?

Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOW View Post
    No he just replaced the bearing on the outside. I bought the chains after getting it home. I cut the long chain 5'3 1/2" s long. After replacing the chain i did like the vid. on this site that Mike done. When its jacked up off the ground it runs fine ,hardly any noise. The guy that worked on it was the only one around here that was listed that worked on Max atvs. Took him 2 weeks. I don`t think he had ever seen a Max before, i know he didn`t know what a colar locks purpose was he left them loose on the axle. Why does it run fine when its off the ground? Thanks.
    You have a bad bearing. Try replacing it yourself this time. If you had one that was bad....it is very likely the rest are not far behind it, you might as well replace them too.
    Try buffalo bearings Buffalo Bearings Inc. They have inexpensive ones from about $13 each.

When your tires are off the ground it takes the load off the bearings.
    BTW the lock collar on the outer bearings is what holds your axle in place....and your sprockets in allignment. I like to put a spacer between the sprocket tube and the outer bearing to hold everything in place (just in case).

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    If you had one that was bad....it is very likely the rest are not far behind it
    Bearing failure is usually caused by a failed seal or lack of grease. if you think a bearing is bad replace it and grease the ones that seem ok. Don't over grease them or you could blow the seal...2 pumps and you should see some grease come out around the seal...if not it might need a couple more.

This may just be my opinion but I try to jack my max up and have the axles spinning just a bit when I pump the grease into the bearings seems to make the outer bearings last longer but that's just my thought.

Thanks guys , I pulled the tires off the left side and placed a straight edge across the out side of the axle and the middle axle was sticking out a 1/2" past the other two axle. I moved it back in line and it helped alot with the popping. Now if i can stop the chain adjusters from popping up when i turn it should be ok. thanks again.

The chain adjusters will get worn and start to slip on you but RI has them and there not to expensive. My cousin made some for his max like the guys here at 6x6 world did and they work great that's probably what I'll do when mine start slipping.

+ Reply to Thread