tires slipping on wheel

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tires slipping on wheel

tires slipping on wheel

Have a max II, When my max gets stuck or in a high torque situation Im see my tires break loose with rim, if I increase tire pressure they don't break loose, maybe tires are dry rot or just worn anyone have the same problem?

When u increase the tire pressure how many pounds does it take to keep them on the rim

the bead seal is weak

Your tires are prob old and the rubber is not as flexeble as it used to be. Same thing was happening with my tires. I broke them down and used bead sealant from the parts store and aired them all back up and they have not leaked since. The stuff works good in my book.

hi,my tires pop off the bead when got my tracks on every now and then, has that happened to any of you guys?

They call for 8lbs I think, I need to put it 12 or more to keep them from breaking loose but this makes the ride real ruff as you would expect.....

Quote Originally Posted by weber View Post
    hi,my tires pop off the bead when got my tracks on every now and then, has that happened to any of you guys?
    This is probably due to chain/axle windup. Do a search here and there will be quite a bit written about this condition.

But basically: The sprocket/chain system is operating at a different ratio than the tire/track system with common axles (for some set of axles). If the tracks are loose enough then the strain caused by this condition is relieved by spinning the tire in the track. If the friction between the tire and track are high enough then the strain is relieved by spinning the wheel in the tire. Those are the only two ways you want to relieve that stress, the rest mean something gets broken.

You may need to: move tires around to affect tire/track friction (like move largest diameter tire to middle axle) - change tire pressure to hopefully get the same diameter for every tire - loosen the tracks.
    I would (and did): used bead sealant for every tire.

Quote Originally Posted by triknologist View Post
    Your tires are prob old and the rubber is not as flexeble as it used to be. Same thing was happening with my tires. I broke them down and used bead sealant from the parts store and aired them all back up and they have not leaked since. The stuff works good in my book.

Dang - I should have multi-quoted...

Is there a way for me to combine my own posts?

What kind of tires are u running I run 3 pounds in my rawhides on my max and the same in my runamucks on my Argo vanguard 2 and don't have any problem it may be the type of tire your running won't let u run that low of air pressure. If it's the original max rims they should be fine.

+ Reply to Thread