2012 Mud Nationals, Jacksonville, TX; March 28-April 1st.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Mud Nationals, Jacksonville, TX; March 28-April 1st.

as long as it floats your be fine, the HOLES are DEEP!!! This ain't no easy park to ride, it will be hardcore in the holes. Forcast is now calling for some rain during Nats, it don't gt much better then that!

This will give you an idea what Mud creek looked like on feburary 27 of this year , and it's rained a whole lot more since this video was taken.

This is what the atv Mud National's endurance race looked like in 2011. This is the place to be for maximum amphib exposure. With about 10 psi in 6 or 8 carlise swimmer tires ,you'll be able the fly through this mud pit. I've heard that the atv's are averaging about 12-14 mph through this mud and water race.

Last edited by mudbug3; 03-24-2012 at 04:08 PM.

I can't help but feel'in for all those less fortunate folks that have to get wet and muddy just to go on a trail ride.

Yeah,, you'll see hundreds of very wet and muddy 4-wheelers at the atv mud nationals , that's for sure!

This is my other ride.
    Fording Kit Test 1 - YouTube

I sure thought the argo would have done better.

Quote Originally Posted by kadookid View Post
    I sure thought the argo would have done better.
    When your in a mud lane filled with water and you can see a high center under the water the best way to get though an area like this is to appoach from the side. I have seen Roberts Argo Bigfoot and can tell you is almost unstickable, this is one of those rare situations with high centers under a mud lane that will stick an Argo. This machine is so impressive in pure mud, every one has seen this video with Mike driving an Argo Bigfoot at River Run but this where where the Bigfoot shines!

After closely watching this video again, you'll see a mud ridge to the right of Roberts Argo Bigfoot ,and Robert steers his Argo to the left side of it. Robert then finds out that there is another mud ridge on that side too. At the mud nationals there are so many mud holes just like this, with 1,000's of atv riding through them, that it's better to drive around them, rather than getting pulled out by an atv while the other atv's watch and laugh at you.

Mike and I just made it home from the Mud Nationals...WOW... what a blast...this year was awesome...with a nice amount of rain almost every day and more swamp trails & mud holes than you could possibly cover in a week...we had one of the funnest times ever and saw some super cool custom stuff that would impress just about anyone...

Thanks so much Robert & Cathy and friends for showing us around and to David for spending some of your time with us this week and for always rembering to take a little bit of video for us all to enjoy later...thanks again and we are already looking forward to next years big event, it is definitely worth the 36 hour car ride :-)

Tim

I must clarify, I DID NOT GET STUCK!!! that girl filming the situation editted the video.. she cut out the 5ft. tall can-am ( one of the badest bikes out on the trails) get pulled out and my free retreat.. I pulled into the hole and couldn't get the argo to enough water speed to slide over the high center section of that hole, nor could I twist the argo sides ways to climb up the steep walls... I backed out on my own, despite what she claimed in the video. I wasn’t too happy when I saw the video and heard the trash talk. David's right, my machine and almost all argos and maxs are bad to the bone! I can say the addition of Adair tracks have made my wife's and my machine unstoppable! We rode 5 days in some of the worst, if not the worst mud and conditions you can throw at any machine and they worked perfectly. We walked through every hole, every slew, and every thick gummy nasty mud Mud Nationals had to throw at us... UNstoppable. Tim, Mike, and David rode their machines in the same junk we did. IT’S one CRAZY trip. We had a blast with you guys, despite the late night and someone spiking my drink with something.. ha sorry about that guys.. We will be there next year putting on the same show for the quads. Everyone else nearby should start planning now! and I need to work on video taping, we just ride so much and hard.. I forget.

+ Reply to Thread