Vampire sizes

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vampire sizes

Vampire sizes

Ok guys do they make a vampire that is small enough to fit on a max 2 without having to modify the tub maybe a 23" tire and if so would they fit an 8" rim or would u have to buy rims also? Last but not least the ones I see look pretty wide do u have to run spacers to get them away from the tub?

I don't think you have to run spacers, but I can't say for sure. You will have to buy 9" rims though because the Vampires that fit a Max II are only available for a 9" rim.

TSL Vampires | Interco Tire
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Ok so if I bought the 22x12.5x9 would the width of the rim need to be 12" and where would be the best place to find these rims for the best price?

The width of the rim would be fine if it were 9" or so. You could use 9" rims from an Argo since they're the same exact 5x4.5" bolt pattern as a Max. Also, you could get some 9" rims that Matt Oxender uses on his Mudd Ox, but he never/rarely answers phone calls or emails for parts or support so I don't think that option would be viable.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Anybody that has a set of 9" Argo rims there willing to get rid of please let me know.

Hey Swamp Donkey, you might want to post an ad for the 9" Argo rims in the wanted section of the site so you get more exposure. Also, I hear Tim is good on his prices for Argo parts. You might want to give him a buzz.

Adair Argo Sales

If you want to go with another tire that is great in the mud and one that you can use the 8" wheels you already have, you might want to consider these 22x11x8 GBC Gators. They're a great tire and you'll save a lot of money since you won't have to buy new rims. I really like Vampires, but since you can save so much more money by not having to buy all 6 new 9" rims I'd go this route for sure.

High Lifter Products - GBC GATOR - TUBELESS 22X11X8

I wonder how the gaiters swim compared to the 21" rawhides I've got on the now

I believe 6X6World member Noel Woods put 25" Gators on his Max II (remolded the tub) and they swim somewhat well. The 21" Rawhides are the fastest swimming tire for the Max II, but the mud performance of the Gators will be a million times better than the Rawhides.

I would love to have that extra grip but I stay in the water a good bit with mine and don't to loose to much water speed

jpswift1

Noel Woods has Mud bug tires on his Max II. If I had known before hand how well a Max II performs in the mud with 25" inch mud bug tires on it, and how much more fun it was to drive with 13 tooth sprockets on the T-20 and with a red spring on the clutch, this would have been my original choice.

+ Reply to Thread