Greasing bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greasing bearings

Greasing bearings

Wondering if any body else has problems getting to the passengers side middle inner bearing grease fitting. It's the only one that's a pain in my rear. It seems just about impossible without taking the battery out. I took the springs that hold pressure on the control sticks off for good so they are not in the way anymore. Guess my hand are to big to come in from behind the Jack shaft. So lay some ideas on me.

Some of the equipment I service have "remote" grease fittings for easy greasing. A quick disconnect fitting replaces the zerk fitting, then 1/4" tubing runs to a convenience access point. Another quick disconnect fitting into a 1/8"NPT coupling, thread a zerk into the other side of the coupling through a hole in a mounting surface and voila, remote access to grease those hard to reach spots. Just make sure the tubing you use is durable or you could end up putting a pile of grease on the bottom your tub.

Any other good ideas?

+ Reply to Thread