bearing question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bearing question

bearing question

So i put all new bearings and flanges and chains and tensioners on my max II. From orher posts i have read that you can overgrease the bearings and blow out the seals so how do i know when the bearings are full of grease and how much to grease them? At some point they will be full and future grease has. To come out somewhere correct? Do you just pump the grease in warm and very. Slowly and what brand of grease do you recommend?

Just pump grease in until you hear or see it coming out. As long as you don't go really fast with each pump of the grease gun you shouldn't have any issues. I have never damaged a seal so I can only assume that is happening when someone pumps the gun really fast.

thanks mike. Since Ive bought this Max you and your videos have been a huge help. My four year old daughter and I took it out last weekend in the snow a few miles to my aunts house who lives on a golf course. Rode it up and down the sledding hills and spinning it around in the snow. We had a blast and set out to do what was intended which was stretch the chains and test drive. It has the camo top on it and we set a little heater in the back that I use for ice fishing and were nice and toasty. I already love these things and already want a larger one that sits more people but will also keep this one... will definately be a frequent member onthis site...

That sounds like a blast. We don't get very much snow here in southern NC but when we do, I typically make my way to the local golf course as well. You can't beat some of the hills there for some high speed passes. I don't have a top for mine though so I have to brave the elements and just let the icicles build on my face.

+ Reply to Thread