rebuilding a Alsport Tracker model 210 (amphibious snowmobile)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: rebuilding a Alsport Tracker model 210 (amphibious snowmobile)

rebuilding a Alsport Tracker model 210 (amphibious snowmobile)

i am rebuilding an amphibious snowmobile these days if anyone is interested in seeing it, let me know here i will do the pics and progress thingy for you
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

Im interested! Sounds cool.

I love anything with tracks! Let's see it!
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Me too, me too... :-)

ok, sounds good, i'll put some pics up as i go along
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood02 View Post
    ok, sounds good, i'll put some pics up as i go along
    Cool thanks!

here are a few pics of the tear down and starting on the body repairs

all torn down

all the undercariage parts piled up

some shipping damage that will need touch up

the spiderweb cracking here is from taking a hit and will have to be ground completely down thru the jel coat to the fiberglass below then refiberglassed to get rid of the spiderwebing so it will not show up again in the new paint

the repairs

once you have the area ground down thru the jel coat to the fiberglass under it, make sure you size your patches before you apply the resin

after the resin is done

filling old windshield mounting holes

some mount holes on the deck lid need to be filled because i don't have the cargo rack that came on the unit from the factory

preping the dash and console for repairs

This is going to be a great thread. Thanks for taking the time to upload photos and explain them all.

here are some more pics of the progress

this is of the top with the base coat complete and once dry will be wet sanded with 200 grit for top coat

some damage on the tub where the front steering and skiis bolt on, the damage was previously repaired by someone but not as nice a job was done so i did a finish coat of fiberglass cloth

this is repairs to some more of those spider web cracks from the tub taking a hit

and some minor damage of the lip of where the top and tub join

this is the wet sanded and top coated top i will be painting the interior black and will be spraying the black on the top and tub at the same time

I decided i didnt like how high my head stuck out above the machine with no roll bar so i cut down an old rusty Max II bar to about 12" tall and here i am welding the mount plates to it

i wanted to have rubber mount gasket to prtect the paint on the body so here i used spray paint to give me a pattern and it will be cut out and hopefully fit well

here i fitted it to the body and drilled the mount holes

+ Reply to Thread