Big Tires that Swim Great!!??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

View Poll Results: What is the best Swimming 25"/bigger tire for our rigs?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • SUPER SWAMPER 26X13X12 VAMPIRE ASX

6 20.00%
  • NORMAL SUPER SWAMPER VAMPIRE

1 3.33%
  • MUDBUGS

0 0%
  • SUPER SWAMPER AQUATORQUE

3 10.00%
  • KENDA EXECUTIONER

1 3.33%
  • GOODYEAR 26" TERRA TIRES

13 43.33%
  • HIGHLIFTER OUTLAW

1 3.33%
  • GORILLAR SILVERBACK

0 0%
  • AT 189

3 10.00%
  • GOODYEAR RAWHIDES

4 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Big Tires that Swim Great!!??

Here are a couple pictures of 28x12x12 Duro Buffalo tires on my Max IV. Figured they qualified as big tires so I placed them in this thread.

They fit very well and ride like a dream at 2.5psi. I had a chance to take them in some gooey mud at the edge of the pond and they work as good as tires can be expected to work. They however DO NOT SWIM. They do have a ton of floatation and the Max was as stable as could be. In fact it was hard to rock it side to side. These are the tires I will be turning down to fit my 980 Hustler to go into Adair tracks. At least then they will swim.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Hey Fred the pole is still ongoing each person gets 1 vote.
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

For swimming and swimming only, you can't beat the 26" Goodyear Terra Tires. The Carlisle / Argo Frontier and Avenger tires would come in a close second.

Has anyone experimented with ATV sand tires? They have some NASTY paddles on them, seems like they may swim. If they work it would become a budget alternative in the 22"-24" range tire. Like the Kenda Gecko here, around $50 per rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmegreens336 View Post
    Has anyone experimented with ATV sand tires? They have some NASTY paddles on them, seems like they may swim. If they work it would become a budget alternative in the 22"-24" range tire. Like the Kenda Gecko here, around $50 per rubber.

I would stat away from paddles, many parks do not allow those type of tires. With that big gap between lugs I don't think they would swim well.

There are a few threads on the site where people asked the same thing. They don't swim well at all and offer a horribly bumpy ride. Save your money.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread