installing 24" tires on my old I/C 8x8 argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: installing 24" tires on my old I/C 8x8 argo

installing 24" tires on my old I/C 8x8 argo

well north country tough was kind enough to lend me 4-24" argo tires to try on my I/C argo.i got them on but boy are they tight.have about 1/4" to 3/8" clearance to tub but im real tight center to center.had to fit the tires on like gears,they wont fit if the treads are lined up.i aired them down to 2 psi to get them on but am concerned about them pretty much touching each other.has anyone here tried to do this?i know rock doctor told me he runs 24" on his conquest but i dont know if his are this tight together or not.if NCT has more of them we may have to measure the circumference of each one and pick the smallest. here are the pictures of them installed.tell you what though,24" tires do give me a nice bit of extra ground clearance.
    Attached Images

They are a very tight fit on my Conquest too. I don't think you could slide a piece of paper between some of them. I also had to juggle the tires around untill I could make them fit. I'm running 3.5psi in mine.
    Quality control on these leaves something to be desired, I've seen as much as 5" difference in tire circumferances. The larger tires fit best on mine as the second from the back. SOME just will NOT fit at ant pressure, but if your lucky, the dealer you purchased them from will exchange the big ones for you.
    You will NOT regret trying these tires, they are very impressive when compared to the stock Runasucks.
    Once you get a little wear on them, they will fit a little better, but untill then you can expect them to "bump" into each other when rumbling down a bumpy trail. Mostly the front two can be expected to connect with each other if you hit bumps a little too hard.

Here are a couple pics of mine:

Sounds like I have more clearance between the tub and the tires than you do

RD

yikes!yours are real tight as well.you have more clearance to the top then i do.what happens when they bump together?hope its not like mixing matter with anti-matter.lol

RD what width rim are you using? 7 1/2" or 8" The old chevrons would fatten up and have a smaller dia on the wider rims. it might work for the 24's. I have an old Argo 8x8 project and considering putting on the 24's. Do you know the wheel center dimensions on your Conquest?
    Acta non verba

Thats a tight fit there Plott,by the look of the Doc,s pics the Conquest had a tad more center to center axle spacing,but I have more so we will have to get a tape out,and if you do get that unit sold you still have them for the Conquest we all know you will buy.N.C.T

well these bad boys will not fit,what a pisser.measured them all and they are within an inch of each other.too bad cause they looked real good on my argo.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    RD what width rim are you using? 7 1/2" or 8" The old chevrons would fatten up and have a smaller dia on the wider rims. it might work for the 24's. I have an old Argo 8x8 project and considering putting on the 24's. Do you know the wheel center dimensions on your Conquest?
    You know, I'm not sure........ I never measured them, but they are the rims that came with the machine. The axle c-c is 24", but the 2 axles on the front left, and the 2 on the rear right are just a shade under 24". I assume that this is due to a slight imperfection in the jig they are using to manufacture their Conquest Frames.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    well these bad boys will not fit,what a pisser.measured them all and they are within an inch of each other.too bad cause they looked real good on my argo.
    Damn, that sucks. I thought they would fit just like mine. I guess the next best option would be the new 22" version of the Frontiers.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    Well Plottamus thats too bad,now you cant find one reason why you want to hang on the ole girl,you have tryed your perfume and eye makeup but it aint workin for ya.N.C.T

yup,gravy train ends here boys.will keep it for the wife to drive while i look for an upgrade.

thanks guys.

+ Reply to Thread