New tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New tires

New tires

I got a wild wolf that has flats. Current size is 21x11x8.
    From what i've seen they start at $60 each.
    Are tubes an option?
    Where is a good site to buy tires?
    Thx Drew

First off, don't buy from Route 6x6/ Richard's Relics or you'll go broke. Your best bet is to do a search here on the site. You'll want to use a 21x11x8 or 22x11x8 tire, preferably without tubes, but if you just want to get the machine up and going, you could always run tubes for the time being. Take a look at this thread:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/tire-...razy-high.html

Here's some useful info for you. For adapter plate templates (if you have the 3 bold balloon tires) use these, if you don't have them, don't worry about it.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...e-adapter.html

And here's a GREAT deal on rims if you need them. Get the 8x7 in either 4 lug, or 5 lug, depending on what you need.

8 Inch Trailer Wheels | RecStuff.com

As far as tires go, check Craigslist, ebay, and post an ad here on the site. Hope this helps, and welcome aboard.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Looks like i will do tubes for now. I saw some on ebay that will cost less than $100 for 6.
    My 4 wheeler currently only has 2 tires on it due to rear diff being shot and i need to fix it first.
    Its been a real pain due to the CV joints frozen stiff in the diff.
    Thx drew

Hey Drew....

The problem with running tubes in these tires is that the tubes (just about always) eventually slip within the tire, since we operate the tires at such low psi. At 2-5 psi (or so...) the tube isn't held tire against the tire hard enough to stop it from slipping. Once the tube begins to slip, it will shear off the valve stem at the rim. It's almost guaranteed to happen unless you inflate the tube to 20 or 30 psi, which is way too high an operating pressure for the tire....

+ Reply to Thread