Attex 1000 series Bigfoot

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Attex 1000 series Bigfoot

Here's a little test video I did when we got our older cameras

Quote Originally Posted by Nick O. View Post
    Here's a little test video I did when we got our older cameras
    Nice little video Nick. I think it does a great job of showing people this great piece of Attex history and what Matt is up against as a restoration project.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Very cool to know, Matt! I see some deals pop up on those plastic Tru-Trax every now and then on Craigslist. If I see anymore I'll be sure to forward a link to you immediately so we can see this beast move once again.
    JP, the 13" Argo tracks that the Bigfoot came with as did the other Attexes and Argos from that period are different from the Tru-Trax. I have talked to the gentleman that owns Tru-Trax and his tracks are/were narrower than the ones used by Argo and Attex at that time. What Matt ideally will be looking for is 13 inch wide track links. Some will say nothing on the track link and others will say Argo on the link. Maybe Nick can post a couple pictures of the track links I gave Matt so people know what he is looking for. Also if anyone knows how to contact member L.D.Bruce please let him know Matt is looking for tracks. L.D. had a set of tracks for sale at one time. I have sent a PM to L.D. with no response.

Looks like a very interesting piece to save. I hope with a little help, Matt can find the energy to make it happen. Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

ok...i want one. lol man i could do some kickass stuff with that! lol hell, we all could! haha
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

That's not an AATV, It's an AATPartyPontoon. I know there's room on there for a keg, and a few of JP's friends.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    That's not an AATV, It's an AATPartyPontoon. I know there's room on there for a keg, and a few of JP's friends.
    Absolutely! Let's make it happen.......I can see this being a perfect machine for another 6X6World bumper sticker photoshoot.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I think we still need to find Matt a couple 16hp briggs IC engines with drive clutches and some track. Then I bet he would supply the keg.

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    I think we still need to find Matt a couple 16hp briggs IC engines with drive clutches and some track. Then I bet he would supply the keg.

Keith.
    And I'll supply the girls.....they'll only be wearing bumper stickers and after that keg starts getting low, I'm sure that would change!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    And I'll supply the girls.....they'll only be wearing bumper stickers and after that keg starts getting low, I'm sure that would change!
    I'm in! Ill donate my welding skills, ability to fabricate/think. Ill also donate the ole lady to make cookies and ham sammichs while we work! lol
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

While trying to find some 60's Argo photos on our old computer backup, I stumbled upon these:

Those old Bigfoot pictures rock Nick! Thanks for posting them. I hope you guys can get this machine back up and running for people to see.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

+ Reply to Thread