What is this and whats it for?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is this and whats it for?

What is this and whats it for?

This thing was mounted where the gas tank cap normally would go on the 2 stoke attex's. It was chrome but flaked off. It appears to be original but just guessing. It is drilled and tapped on the top. Just curious if its just a handle or something more. It seems kinda goofy as a handle though.

Looks like a spare tire mount to me.

Base for the Jolly Roger staff?

Is this on the Hustler, and if so where's the tank? The 297, ST300 and ST400R all had the tank in the front. The only first generation model I know of that had an engine-mounted tank was the 208TT. It looks like someome made a mount for something on the front, but who knows what.

Don
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Spot lamp mount! They had the same mount on old police & fire vehicles. Old as in 60's/70's. That's antique for fire equipment!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

This is on the tt.

The spare tire would be to big. The spotlight mount could be possible.

The bolt holes are only holes going through the body. I took it off when I got it. Here is what it looks like without it.
    Attached Images

Looks like a fold down windshield stop

I saw an Argo with two pieces like that with a small plastic rubber cap on the top of them.
    It prevented the forward fold down windshield from going to far.
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

Windshield stopper could be possible but I have no other holes or anything anywhere that a windshield would of attached. Also seems like it would hit the glass.
    It could just be something someone added but they did a good job doing it. The bolts are allen heads and it fits the hole in the plastic molding very well.
    Larry

+ Reply to Thread