escargo track vs adair track

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: escargo track vs adair track

escargo track vs adair track

I know that there are post on adair tracks. They seem very good. But did anybody ever tried the escargo track in the same hole and then the adair track.
    I don't see any adair track dealer here in Québec. The escargo track dealer is only 2 hours drive from home so I'd like to know the difference. Do they compare?
    Does anybody know where to find adair track in ontario or québec in canada?
    Jack

ask for the total installed weight of the escargo tracks versus the adair, you'll get the point.

A guy in Quebec ordered from Adair and had the tracks delivered to his home.

BUT if you want to save a bunch on various fees, get the tracks delivered in your name but with freeport forwarding address just 300 feet south of the border in Lacolle/Champlain

Freeport forwarding

that's what I do. I even had the 2008 Max IV AATV delivered there.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Yes, people have gone in the same hole with those two pairs of tracks competing. You can search mudbug's posts on that exact topic. It was sort of a blowout.

About to pull the pin on a set of 18" Adairs+spacers for 3980$ ... ouch! plus an estimated shipping to Ontario for 550$ ..double ouch! After paying 26800 for a new HDi ...divorce incoming ouch!

Just waiting on Tim to requote me on the cost to ship them pre built, just to see the difference.

The Adair tracks are a lot lighter than the Escargo tracks. In this video you can see that the Argo 8x8 with Adair tracks is faster driving backwards than the Argo 8x8 with Escargo tracks is driving forwards.

In catails and swamp reeds the Argo 8x8 with Adair tracks runs off and leaves the Argo 8x8 with Escargo tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by nexxium View Post
    About to pull the pin on a set of 18" Adairs+spacers for 3980$ ... ouch! plus an estimated shipping to Ontario for 550$ ..double ouch! After paying 26800 for a new HDi ...divorce incoming ouch!

Just waiting on Tim to requote me on the cost to ship them pre built, just to see the difference.
    if you are less than 2 hours from the border, go get them on the US side and you will just pay the TPS crossing back in Canada.

Shipping within US is ridiculously low so you will also save there.

And if you still get the tracks delivered in Ontario, be ready to pay the transporter a hefty brokerage fee over the TPS tax rate.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

I was told unassembled they will be shipped USPS, fees included in the 550$. Taxes extra ofc.

And its around 3.5 hours to the closest crossing.
    Last edited by nexxium; 02-23-2012 at 12:05 PM.

All I can say is be very care full with UPS When you order something from US and they ship it UPS, In canada you will pay a brokerage fee, when the order arives at your door. And this is over and above the shipping and handling you all ready pay for. They hit me once with that. I just said I have all ready paid for shipping and handling, I SAID SHIP IT BACK AND PUT YOUR FEE WHERE THE SUN DOES NOT SHINE. Reordered the same thing and had them ship by mail, took longer but saved 100bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tucker View Post
    All I can say is be very care full with UPS When you order something from US and they ship it UPS, In canada you will pay a brokerage fee, when the order arives at your door. And this is over and above the shipping and handling you all ready pay for. They hit me once with that. I just said I have all ready paid for shipping and handling, I SAID SHIP IT BACK AND PUT YOUR FEE WHERE THE SUN DOES NOT SHINE. Reordered the same thing and had them ship by mail, took longer but saved 100bucks
    100% agree, I avoid any company who won't let me ship USPS-->Can Post, F UPS and F Fedex and thier BS fees!

Wow, sorry you guys in Canada have all those fees and taxes.

As for the performancece of Adair vs Escargo tracks these videos speak volumes. Both machines were Argo Frontier 650's, one machine had the Escargo Tracks, one machine had the Adair Tracks- One machine totally out performed the other swimming and in really nasty mud and swamp conditions-any questions as to which machine out performed the other can be answered by watching the videos.

As for my personal experience with Adair tracks-I have always be stunned by just how good they are, the performance in mud, swamp and trail conditions is nothing less then outstanding.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 02-29-2012 at 12:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread