escargo track vs adair track

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: escargo track vs adair track

Hi, you're right, the videos show by themselves. My other concern is about snow, slush and ice. Like we see on a video with escargo tracks the argo goes throu deep slush and come back on ice fairly easy ( can't do that with tires, I happened to be stuck on a lake, ice brooke, and I had to crowl on ice and find something to winch it out. If the ice wouldn't hold my weight I could freeze to death in the argo by the time somebody finds me). In deep snow would I have to add width on adair or the original 14 1/2 " will do good. Is it good if I just put some on the outer side so I don't have to add spacer.
    Jack

Does anybody know what the Adair tracks are like in deep powder?

Tim and some friends will have some video's posted in a few more weeks of how well the Adair tracks perform in deep snow. With the 3" inch track extensions added to the standard 14" inch Adair tracks , they perform really good in deep powdered snow. In 13' foot of deep powdered snow the Adair tracks clocked 19.6 by gps. Tim is almost finished with a new track design that will help the Adair tracks climb up on ice even better than his last design.

I've heard that the adair track fall off. The braces that hold the track in place seems like the same as the argo plastic track. I had a set of them and they were braking a lot. I also heard that chunks from the adair tracks going off. I just want to know if anybody ever had those issues.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by brebett View Post
    I've heard that the adair track fall off. The braces that hold the track in place seems like the same as the argo plastic track. I had a set of them and they were braking a lot. I also heard that chunks from the adair tracks going off. I just want to know if anybody ever had those issues.
    Seriously????
    Brebett, I have yet to see any track "Fall Off". I would suggest that IF a person was having that trouble, it is totally their own fault for NOT properly inspecting and maintaining their machine. Yes, I have driven out of tracks before.........3 times if I remember correctly...........Every time, it was my own fault. I have not yet managed to drive out of an Adair.
    The Argo "Plastic" tracks that you had are in no way, shape, or form similar to the Adair Tracks. Adairs are made from UHMW Plastic (Ulltra High Molecular Weight), it's some of the Toughest Stuff out there ( I have it on the bottom of my Jetboat where it gets smashed over rocks and gravel bars quite regularily) This stuff is used to line the box of big Rock Trucks. These trucks are used in the Mining ind, Road Construction, ect.

Me thinks you have been fed a pile of ................. Well, that's not importand. I think you have been misinformed, and I would LOVE to see pics of the Adair Tracks with "Chunks" missing out of them. Not saying it Couldn't happen, but my experience with UHMW leads me to think it unlikely.

I think it's pretty well known that different tracks/tires have advantages in different conditions. If someone is having that much trouble with their Adairs, perhaps thay might be better off just running tires.

RD

and where did you get that rumour ? it wasn't on the french-canadian forums for sure.

it's the first time I hear about it.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

No it was not from a french forum. First of all there aren't many in québec that have those adair track I beleive. On forums none talked about having tried the adair or at least compared them with others.I don't think that there are many escargo track either. At least I haven't had any discussion with adair or escargo owners besides the dealers. But I can tell you that the escargo dealer didn't say any bad words about adair. He's pushing his but doesn't denied others.
    That rumour could come from a guy that doesn't know about adair and just think it's like that. It didn't come from a forum. I wish I could tell where it came from but I can't. It just came out like that somewhere on internet. There are people that just see what they have and can't see that some others could also be good.
    Jack

That rumour could come from a guy that doesn't know about adair and just think it's like that.
    because here, the general consensus is that the Adair track system is a serious contender for a nobel price unless someone pop up with a cure for cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by smog View Post
    because here, the general consensus is that the Adair track system is a serious contender for a nobel price unless someone pop up with a cure for cancer.

Lol, is it really that bad here smog? I like to think that most of us here have an open mind, and believe that there are good/bad qualities to any track system, or tire combination, or transmition, ect.

Maybe I came across a little harsh, next time I will try to remember to add a couple of those little smiley things to my reply

I was smiling when I wrote that but I agree it's a good set of tracks that perform in most if not all conditions, something other track system cannot claim.

+ Reply to Thread