escargo track vs adair track

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: escargo track vs adair track

Quote Originally Posted by smog View Post
    because here, the general consensus is that the Adair track system is a serious contender for a nobel price unless someone pop up with a cure for cancer.
    ROALMAO Smog quite the character thats for sure,dont take it personal RD he,s a great guy,and the aatv culture in Quebec has some very talented and enthusiastic people,its hard to match if not darn near impossible to find a group that enjoys the sport more here in Canada.I have had machines practically my whole life and other than the odd person here and there never had a group to enjoy the sport with,they are a great bunch but dont let your guard down them fellas are quick to get ya going.LOL NCT

because here, the general consensus is that the Adair track system is a serious contender for a nobel price unless someone pop up with a cure for cancer.
    Hahahahahaha! Well put Smog. I feel the same way, and I'm glad someone finally said it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

On a more serious note, here is something even more important :

Even if the Adair track system is the most versatile 4 seasons traction system, The designer is clearly fully commited to make it THE BEST as I know he is working to improve his product, day after day and take every comment or suggestion very seriously.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Something even more important :

Even if the Adair track system is the most versatile 4 seasons traction system, The designer is clearly fully commited to make it THE BEST as I know he is working to improve his product, day after day and take every comment or suggestion very seriously.
    Good point. If every AATV manufacturer had that mind set, we'd see quite the revolution and a rebirth of the AATV scene of what it once was back in the late 60's and early 70's.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    dont take it personal RD NCT
    I didn't, I was thinking that "brebett" might have taken my comment personally

I'm out at work with another 12-14" of new snow, and my Argo's are at HOME
    Starting to hate this "Workin for a livin" thing
    RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    I didn't, I was thinking that "brebett" might have taken my comment personally

I'm out at work with another 12-14" of new snow, and my Argo's are at HOME
    Starting to hate this "Workin for a livin" thing
    RD
    Yea workin for a livin is for people that have no toys or hobbies.

It's not good to work. We have to take it like "we're going to have fun while doing chores" ( in french I say "s'amuser en effectuant des tâches") and in the same time make time. When we start to work we go crazy hahaha.
    I hope that Tim will have a chance to try his track on a frozen lake and trying to climb back on broken ice in deep water and send videos.
    I sunk my argo once on ice with tires on and couldn't climb back. Hopefully my body could crawl on the ice and get very long rope and winch to get out of the lake. Otherwise we would have had a very cold night waiting in the argo so that somebody could find us. Here they wait putty long before starting research for lost people. They would have to get us by helicopter. No other crazy people would try to do what I did.
    Jack

No problem rock doctor. I'm learning a lot here and it helps a lot. Sometime I come back with the nearly the same question but here again I want to know as much as I can.
    Jack

The Escargots look very impressive in snow especially w extensions. Pricey but nice to be able to affix if needed. Adair?

old thread..here are my thoughts-
    My guess is that you can now easily add a winter kit to Adair's rubber belted track because it has individual crossers and inner/outer belts like an escargo. It would depend on the height of aluminum the angle and clearance under the tub. You could always run a small wheel spacer if you needed a bit more inboard clearance for some aluminum angle and additional belt to attach to the outer-main-belt (primarily for winter time, or course). This kind of attached kit is very flexible on top of the tire but very stiff where it contacts the ground ( the main crossers and main belt "pin" it down with vehicle weight). UHMW crossers are light. I'm impressed by the new thicker cleats. I love the escargo tracks. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a set of Adair's rubber belted tracks because now I see flexibility in making them wider and the fact that the cleats are now thicker and stronger than before.

+ Reply to Thread