1979 Prototype Attex Snow Cat

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1979 Prototype Attex Snow Cat

1979 Prototype Attex Snow Cat

I found this in the Attex Archives. Thought you guys might enjoy it

-BG

Absolutely amazing! It looks like a RIM body mounted backwards on the lower body with a track system from the Cushman Trackster. I never had any clue that something like this existed! I like how they used piece like the rectangular taillights and the dash decal from a standard Attex. Very, very cool! Did this share the same Chaparral 484cc engine with the Attex Superchief? Thank you for posting these pictures.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Absolutely amazing! It looks like a RIM body mounted backwards on the lower body with a track system from the Cushman Trackster. I never had any clue that something like this existed! I like how they used piece like the rectangular taillights and the dash decal from a standard Attex. Very, very cool! Did this share the same Chaparral 484cc engine with the Attex Superchief? Thank you for posting these pictures.
    The prototype was only a 340CCW with a T-20. One of a kind rare beast. Only one was built and it was sold in the early 90's, So keep your eyes open!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gerber View Post
    The prototype was only a 340CCW with a T-20. One of a kind rare beast. Only one was built and it was sold in the early 90's, So keep your eyes open!
    I certainly will keep an eye out. Was it sold in the Pittsburgh area? I'll be watching ebay, Craigslist, and behind everyone's shed like a hawk. If there's anyone that can locate it, odds are it will be someone in the 6X6World network.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Wow, wow, thanks Bill, wow.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

We need to find a RIM, Cushman Trackster tracks and bogies, a T-20, and a CCW 340 and put it together and bring it to Ashtabula this June. It seems like we could easily locate the things on that shopping list.

Wow!!! Thanks for sharing that. That is amazing. I didnt know there is stuff out there that is basically unknown to 99.99999% of the population, even us. Its cool to run into stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    We need to find a RIM, Cushman Trackster tracks and bogies, a T-20, and a CCW 340 and put it together and bring it to Ashtabula this June. It seems like we could easily locate the things on that shopping list.
    Half the stuff is probably laying around between a few members houses and the other half is probably at someone else's right now. lol
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

It doesnt appear to be amphibious though. Looks like something is going on with the rear axle?

Wait, thats not the axle, what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Half the stuff is probably laying around between a few members houses and the other half is probably at someone else's right now. lol
    Hahaha, well Drew I think you're absolutely right!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    It doesnt appear to be amphibious though. Looks like something is going on with the rear axle?

Wait, thats not the axle, what is that?
    Larry, I think the tub still looks sealed. I'm not sure that that is by the rear axle? Maybe it's a bar used to stabilize/reinforce the track system and it bolts up against the lower body and into through the frame possibly?

+ Reply to Thread