Guess what this Attex Prototype is for!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guess what this Attex Prototype is for!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Ummm, looking at the pictures, I just noticed that there are no shifters in the T-20. It almost looks like the holes aren't completely bored out. What's up with that?
    Didnt need reverse because you could reverse the electric motor.

Ummm, looking at the pictures, I just noticed that there are no shifters in the T-20. It almost looks like the holes aren't completely bored out. What's up with that?
    I'm going to take a guess here Stonewall.......It looks like this machine is set up with split shifters, like you are doing on your Hustler. Every T-20 case is the same with those holes on both the top and bottom sides of the case, regardless of left or right side so they didn't have to have two different molds. They just bore out either the upper shifter holes or the lower shifter holes to for the T-20 case to be either the right or left side. They probably mounted the diamond shifters in this machine on the bottom side of the T-20 because of clearance issues.

~EDIT~ Never mind, Mr. Gerber beat me to it, haha.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gerber View Post
    Didnt need reverse because you could reverse the electric motor.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification... Now I feel like a dumbass...

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    I'm going to take a guess here Stonewall.......It looks like this machine is set up with split shifters, like you are doing on your Hustler. Every T-20 case is the same with those holes on both the top and bottom sides of the case, regardless of left or right side so they didn't have to have two different molds. They just bore out either the upper shifter holes or the lower shifter holes to for the T-20 case to be either the right or left side. They probably mounted the diamond shifters in this machine on the bottom side of the T-20 because of clearance issues.

~EDIT~ Never mind, Mr. Gerber beat me to it, haha.
    It was an excellent guess, but I could see alot of leakage problems from doing that...
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

A

It was an excellent guess, but I could see alot of leakage problems from doing that...
    Very true......I didn't even think of that. Especially with just a single O-ring, and a not so tight fit of the diamond shifter and lots of back and forth motion on it from shifting.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

It was probably reversed electrically so that T-20 may be a little different. The motor is an explosion proof type also due to gases in the mines. It also does not have a CVT set of clutches. Since electrical motors do not depend on RPM for torque they are not needed. Again these are my thoughts on the design.

Very cool pictures and i wounder if any of them have survived the years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gerber View Post
    I will have to ask my father Howard on that one, I will get back to you!
    Howard said they were built for mine rescues. There were originally plans to introduce a large number, but only one was ever built.

+ Reply to Thread