Attex in a box!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Attex in a box!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gerber View Post
    No, the original factory was in Glenshaw, PA. But there was an original factory dealer in New Bethlehem, PA
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't it just outside of New bethlehem on the northern side of town in a place called mayport? i live about 30 mins from there. lol A few more miles up the road, there's a sportsmans shop that sells MAX's now. Guy has a max2 on the roof. its been there since i was just a squirt. However, i DO recall seeing the 6wheeler AATV sign out along 28/66 north though for the mayport dealer. There used to be boat sales back in there as well. we traveled this route ALOT on our way to camp which was in portland mills. This would have been in late 80's.

Bill, any clue which stip job it was? Chances are i've rode on the same sacred ground as the original racers have. lol
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

Its Threads like this, and the others that bill posted that make a guy think of 2 things.. 1.) Man i wish i had a time machine...lol and 2.) Lucky to have a piece of history that set the standards for the industry!!

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

the first two pics are in the 1st year vol 3 NATVA magazeen in the brochures section
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

That's some great stuff Bill. Thanks for letting us have a look. Have any more?
    Banned

From my dusty memory, I remember a road on the right, while going north out of mayport on 28. The road immediately went under a rail road bridge. The railroad followed along the side of the road there. I also remember a sign saying OHL 3 mile with that arrow pointing to that road. I think it was near that brick yard. I remember Fischers could not get the scrambler van under the bridge and had to go along way around.

Yes, Attex in a Box. Look at all those shiny new machines. Just beautiful.

Those pics are great. You can thank Mom & Dad for passing on the fever.

Bridget

P.S. to Mom & Dad

This is a promo pic of Construction Company using Attex's out in the bottom of the "Dry Niagra riverbed", near the edge of the American side of Niagara falls. You can see the Canadian side flowing on the right side of the pic. This was in 1969 when the army corps of engineers shut the American side off for testing and studies. I think it was dry from July to
    november 1969. So if anyone ever asks you if a Attex ever crossed the Niagara River at the edge of the falls. Don't put money on the "no" answer
    Last edited by Bill Gerber; 02-25-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gerber View Post
    From my dusty memory, I remember a road on the right, while going north out of mayport on 28. The road immediately went under a rail road bridge. The railroad followed along the side of the road there. I also remember a sign saying OHL 3 mile with that arrow pointing to that road. I think it was near that brick yard. I remember Fischers could not get the scrambler van under the bridge and had to go along way around.
    Yup, after you pass under the train bridge, just a little ways up road, there is now a beer distributor on the right hand side. We're both referring to the same place.

These are incredible photos. I'm running out the door but I look forward to sitting down and looking through all of these threads. Thanks for posting this.

Wow after seeing this im gona keep my 1969 attex that I picked up for $50 and restore it. I was gona sell it not now its some good history

+ Reply to Thread