Attex in a box!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Attex in a box!

Outstanding pictures......thanks again!

As a young lad i watched the banana splits show and drooled saying, " i would love to have one of those machines". At the parade one year a character dressed as one of the splits was in that parade. He was in a attex Maybe that was all he could get? They would lay a light bulb down on the pavement and run over it with the machine...stop, and pick up the light bulb and jump back into the machine and drive on for the next demonstration.

These machines never made it to the North Carolina area, so...i thought they went the way of the dinosaur. The only machines around our area were the Argo's. Didn't start seeing them until the 80's. A brand new Argo was 5,500 dollars. I though to myself what a outrageous price for a toy. Of course i had children,a mortgage and so on and so on.

Even tho i have a 2011 Avenger which i am passionate about, the Crush is my Hot Rod and reminds me of my younger days. Those were some great years So thanks again for the Pictures.

For those of you wondering why the rear tires are missing, i am talking to Howard now, and he said when the trailer was built they miscalculated the height of one of the sections. The only way to get the attex's to fit was to remove the rear tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gerber View Post
    For those of you wondering why the rear tires are missing, i am talking to Howard now, and he said when the trailer was built they miscalculated the height of one of the sections. The only way to get the attex's to fit was to remove the rear tires.
    Haha, Oops!
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

I just spotted that picture of niagara falls when it was blocked off i grew up in niagara falls and my grandpa was involved in that project he drove heavy equipment most of his life ! ill be honest i wouldent want to try that today lol!!
    they dont call me mad because im angry!!!!! im just a little crazy thats all!!!!

Very cool! Glad to see new "lost" perspectives of how things were back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gerber View Post
    Excellent,amazing to know the details from someone who experienced it! Thank you so much for posting this stuff.

Joe.

Cant thank you enough for these great photo,s these are the best shots I have seen of the history of Attex totally off the hook,Iam with Wagzee we need a time machine,betcha he is already amassing the parts to build one LOL,Mike if you ever put it together as a book sign me up for four copy,s.On a side note a Guy I know said he seen Wags sitting in his shop with a tin foil hat on like Merrill Hess in the Mel Gibson movie Signs he may be closer than you think to gonig somewhere.BAAAAHH .N.C.T
    Last edited by North Country Tough; 02-27-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    Cant thank you enough for these great photo,s these are the best shots I have seen of the history of Attex totally off the hook,Iam with Wagzee we need a time machine,betcha he is already amassing the parts to build one LOL,Mike if you ever put it together as a book sign me up for four copy,s.On a side note a Guy I know said he seen Wags sitting in his shop with a tin foil hat on like Merrill Hess in the Mel Gibson movie Signs he may be closer than you think to gonig somewhere.BAAAAHH .N.C.T
    Hey...you keep it quiet or i aint taking you back to 70's with me...got it?! lol

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

Quote Originally Posted by mustangwagz View Post
    Hey...you keep it quiet or i aint taking you back to 70's with me...got it?! lol
    Sorry Zac

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    Sorry Zac
    haha, its alllll gravy!!

+ Reply to Thread