Tire pressure with plastic tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tire pressure with plastic tracks

Tire pressure with plastic tracks

Im running 3lbs in the tires while I have plastic tracks on. I noticed twice that one side when turning, the track almost came off at the middle. The tracks fit loosely on the tires at the middle wheels. I even heard the tracks slap the body. I have the rawhide 21x 11x8s on there. How much can I inflate them? I'd like to reduce the looseness Im not running the hustler hard. Just an easy putt and learning how to operate it.

You probably dont want any more than an inch or two sag under the center tire while the machine is lifted off the ground...you could probably put as much as 6-8 psi if it helps you get the right track tension.

Have fun!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    You probably dont want any more than an inch or two sag under the center tire while the machine is lifted off the ground...you could probably put as much as 6-8 psi if it helps you get the right track tension.

Have fun!

Tim
    Tim is spot on(as usual)I ran a set of supers for years and as they aged they sagged (talkin about the tracks)at the end I was running 6 p.s.i in them.N.C.T

I'm running 4.5 to 5 psi in my tires with Supertracks on.

RD

I hadnt lifted the hustler up to check the sag as of yet. I did inflate the tires to 8Lbs. Works much better. When I do get around to checking the sag. What is it that I have to do if it's more than 2 inches? get larger tires? Remove a section?

zoood

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post

Have fun!

Tim

+ Reply to Thread