max IV tire question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: max IV tire question

max IV tire question

I have the 26x12x12 tires that look like the rawhides and they are very close to the tub. So my question is will the 26x13x12 vampire asx tires fit on my machine without remolding the tub? I saw a picture of those two tires side by side and the vampires look taller. I would love to have them but i don't really want to mess with the tub. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Do it. Just heat that tub a little bit and mold it up. You know you really want to and those are some sweet tires. Its only money if you really screw up the remold. you could always get a replacement lower but I don't believe you will need to.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I am tossing the idea around. The tires i have are almost new. So i might wait till i wear them down some. I just spent about 3400 on buying the machine and the new winch bracket and super winch. So i will have to replenish my piggy bank lol. I am sure i will though this max has the 20 hp kohler so i know it can turn those tires.

I used 1 1/2 inch wheel spacers to move my ASX tires away from the tub. Mike uses a 1 inch spacer on his MaxIV- A wheel spacer should provide all the tub clearance you need unless your tub is sagging.

If you have seen ASX's in action you already know they are a great tire but I caution you, an ASX tire on a Max steel rim weighs between 46 and 49 pounds-it takes a lot of power to turn those bad boys in the mud-that's just something else you need to consider.

Thanks for the heads up i never thought about the weight. I bet that would put some serious strain on my chains. I like the power i feel from my 20hp when i take off and i bet those tires would make it feel weak. So maybe i need to get a 35hp before i spend money on the tires. I don't want to do anything to my machine that will make parts wear out fast. I learned from my first max IV that these machines require constant maintenance to keep them from breaking. Or my other machine could have been a piece of crap lol. Thanks a lot for all of the tips.

L
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj View Post
    Thanks for the heads up i never thought about the weight. I bet that would put some serious strain on my chains. I like the power i feel from my 20hp when i take off and i bet those tires would make it feel weak. So maybe i need to get a 35hp before i spend money on the tires. I don't want to do anything to my machine that will make parts wear out fast. I learned from my first max IV that these machines require constant maintenance to keep them from breaking. Or my other machine could have been a piece of crap lol. Thanks a lot for all of the tips.
    Don't blame the machine. I've seen your driving style and you use the winch as much as the sticks. You better hire a driver if you don't want to do anything to this one to break it. lol
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Unfortunately they don't make the 26x13x12 Vampire ASX anymore, but I heard they might be going back into production. They're a MILLION times better than the stock 26x12x12 Goodyears on the Max IV. The 20HP Kohler will turn those tires easily. I have the 23HP Briggs in my Hustler BIGFOOT with the 26x13x12 ASX's and I never once even got that motor to bog down even with 4 people in the machine. They haven't worn my chains out prematurely, and you won't notice a big difference in power when you run these compared to the stock Goodyears. I hardly noticed any difference on my Hustler....the only thing that was different was a smoother ride, and traction that absolutely blew the Goodyears out of the water. And if you want more low end torque, you can always install a red driven clutch spring for twenty something bucks. You won't have to change motors, sprockets, chains, etc by running the Vampire ASX's. I'd say, if you can get your hands on a set of ASX's, go for it! They're the best all around AATV tire out there. You'll be VERY happy that you did.

Here's a clip of my Hustler BIGFOOT in the mud that MightymaxIV shot at Busco Beach.....my machine is at 0:35.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I know i am a little rough on my machine. And i will try any hole but hey that's half the fun trying to make it through a bad hole. Next time i will let you drive me around drew. That way i can blame it on you lol.

So all i should need to run those tires is the spacer to get them away from my tub. That's good to know thanks for the info JP. Man your hustler looks mean with those tires. My friend Andy just bought a hustler with those tires and when i saw them i wanted a set. So i will just have to wait and see if they make them again.

+ Reply to Thread