pulled the trigger on a conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: pulled the trigger on a conquest

Glad to see you got it going and no trans problems.All the hard work you put into it is well worth it in the end.

ya man,im really pleased with the outcome.i got one more days work to do on it then im pretty much done.might build a rack for it in the future.

Looking good
    The tires look like they clear the tub no problem.
    Glad you are mobile again

well guys im almost done,so close to a completion.got the winch all wired up and ready to rip.i have one small braking issue.all the brake components are brand new but am having right hand turn issues.left side brakes are nice and firm and turns real easy.right hand is giving me a severe rash.ive bled that sucker
    3 times and its still spongy.have to pump it 3 times to get firm braking.this is a sure sighn of air in the system and i cant get all the bubbles out.i have no brake fluid leaks but there has to be a leak somewhere in the system.am open to any suggestions at this point cause its driving me insane.

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    well guys im almost done,so close to a completion.got the winch all wired up and ready to rip.i have one small braking issue.all the brake components are brand new but am having right hand turn issues.left side brakes are nice and firm and turns real easy.right hand is giving me a severe rash.ive bled that sucker
    3 times and its still spongy.have to pump it 3 times to get firm braking.this is a sure sighn of air in the system and i cant get all the bubbles out.i have no brake fluid leaks but there has to be a leak somewhere in the system.am open to any suggestions at this point cause its driving me insane.

cheers.
    Sounds like fluid is getting by the plunger inside the master cylinder. Mine is doing the same but not near as bad as yours sounds. I called Tim @ Adair, it's a common problem and rebuild kits don't always work. I went ahead and got a new master cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    Sounds like fluid is getting by the plunger inside the master cylinder. Mine is doing the same but not near as bad as yours sounds. I called Tim @ Adair, it's a common problem and rebuild kits don't always work. I went ahead and got a new master cylinder.
    thanks for the reply dan,im on the second cylinder now.
    Last edited by plott hound; 07-29-2012 at 12:23 PM.

so i took the rubber boot off the cylinder and saw that the plunger or piston was out to far.adjusted it in untill it was flush with the cylinder case then tightened everything up and bled the brakes again.everything is nice and firm with great braking left and right.also put a little anti seize on the bleeder screw threads.but am sure the air was getting in around the plunger.

Enjoyed this thread thoroughly! Appreciate you sticking to it, can't wait to see pics of your hard work paying off in the MUD!

Great lookin machine

Nice job Plottamus,looks great,when you headed north to try it out,this past week we have been at the cottage and I ran into a fella that I had set up a deal for on a new Conquest some years ago with a dealer I new well,I hadn't seen this guy for four or five years and asked him if he still had the machine and he said he did but was not using it much I told him that if he wanted to sell it some time to let me know,he said it wasn't likely but ya never know and went on to tell me it only has 96 hours on itcan you believe that.NCT

so i finally finished my conquest this morning.got the top installed and i think thats it,its the way i want it.went for a ride in the rain now i cant get the smile off my face.done 005.jpgdone 004.jpgdone 003.jpgdone 002.jpgdone 001.jpg

+ Reply to Thread