MAX II Cahin tensioners ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MAX II Cahin tensioners ?

MAX II Chain tensioners ?

Can anyone offer some advice on an older model max II chain tensioners? The original ones dont seem to hold worth a dang! Should I go with the adjustable roller style that's for sale or go with a new set from RI? Any advice would be appriciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by databuss; 02-27-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: spelling typo

We use the R.I. tensioners on all our machines. We check them from time to time, but we rarely ever have to adjust.

Bridget

Bigfoot Note... If I remember right, the newer ones are a much improved version of the older style.

The roller type like what richards sells work well enough....but you can make them yourself for about $25 for the four of them. You can buy the pieces at McMaster-Carr

Thanks for your info. BuggyMan i made some for my Max 11 today and they work fine I made mine using the old adjuster and the plastic for roller,thanks again you saved me alot of money.

Hey crossbow...what roller did you use? your talking me into this..Thanks

Hey mark, go to mcmaster-carr, to raw materials, then plastics, then tubes, then round, then polyethelene, then UHMW, I chose 5/8" ID and 1 3/8" OD, $8/ft. each roller needs to be about 1 3/4" long, so one ft. is plenty.

I recently made my own by following pics on here and go the stock from mcmaster. Just need a welder and mine seem towork well.

Can you give me the link to those pictures/ directions??

Quote Originally Posted by databuss View Post
    Hey crossbow...what roller did you use? your talking me into this..Thanks
    SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET BACK, Been in the hosp. for 2 weeks just got out today. Buy the 12" plastic with the 5/8 ID hole cut to 1 1/2 " long will give you enough to make 8 rollers. They work like a dream.

+ Reply to Thread