Max iv wheels

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max iv wheels

Max iv wheels

Hey gang, can anyone provide me the info as of where i can find the stock Max IV 12x12 5lug on 4.5 bolt pattern rim from an aftermarket source. I have been unsuccessful and need a better deal than $100.

Thanks
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Unfortunately, for low pressure tires like ours, there are really only four choices for wheels. Max 8" and 12" diameter wheels and then Argo and Mudd-Ox 9" wheels. All of these have the bead rolled into the wheel that keeps us from knocking the tire's bead off the wheel on the trail. If you go with any other wheel, you will end up losing a bead over and over or having to run really high air pressure that will reduce the ride quality. Unfortunately, all of them have to be purchased from the manufacturer or your local dealer.

There are some other options out there such as true beadlock wheels but they are three times the price of the AATV wheels. So, with that said, I would stick to the Max wheels if you have to have 12". You can try posting a wanted ad here on the forums. Also, there are guys in Buffalo that come to Busco that could bring the wheels to you cheaper than you could ship them if you don't mind waiting.

Just one more clarification. Older Max 12" wheels didn't have the deep bead in them and they don't work very well. They are the ones with square centers welded in them. The newer "K-Lock" wheels have a circular center.

Hey Fred, Shoot me a message later this week if you have a chance, I might be able to help you out with a set of Recreatives K locks.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks for the info Mike!! I've been looking all over for info.

Ok, JP! I'm sure I will find out soon enough what the K locks are and look like. I'll be sure to hit you up later on this week. Thanks Gang!!
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

I'm actually painting some K-locks that were on a 2001 Max IV that I'm going to be mounting my 26x12x12 Vampires on them for my Super Swamp Fox. I'll snap a pic of one for you.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

snap me a pic too if you don't mind, I'm thinking about getting some for my SSF.

Quote Originally Posted by fmints View Post
    I'm sure I will find out soon enough what the K locks are and look like.
    This thread has a few photos that show the difference between the K lock and non K lock 12" max wheels: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/tire-...html#post71032

Thanks Mike

Thanks JP, Yeah,,, I cant wait to see the SSF too! I'll be waiting for the pic>

Yeah Mike,,, ok!!!!! Those are K locks,,, aka beadlocks,,, Three of my 12''x12''s have a funny looking adapter plate welded to the inside of the rim….. some say its good and safe, others say change it out,,,,,, I don't trust it, but will ride the heck out of it til it breaks!!
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

The retail price on a new 12" Max rim is $80.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

+ Reply to Thread