My new goodyear Rawhide III's

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My new goodyear Rawhide III's

My new goodyear Rawhide III's

Quick question. Has anyone had experience running 25x11.5x9 rawhide 3's?
    Last night I took my max iv up the road full throttle after it had sat in garage overnight on concrete. 3.5 pounds of air in tires. Acted like they had a flat spot in them. Is this normal? should I have to run more air? I already had to heat the tub to clear the sag on center tires. Love the tires but wow! kabump,..kabump..kabump!

Quote Originally Posted by Hogneck View Post
    Quick question. Has anyone had experience running 25x11.5x9 rawhide 3's?
    Last night I took my max iv up the road full throttle after it had sat in garage overnight on concrete. 3.5 pounds of air in tires. Acted like they had a flat spot in them. Is this normal? should I have to run more air? I already had to heat the tub to clear the sag on center tires. Love the tires but wow! kabump,..kabump..kabump!
    The 25x11.50x9 Rawhide III's are a bit taller than the 25x12x9 Rawhide III's........they're actually around the height of 26x12x12 Goodyear Super Terra Grips that come as an option on the Max IV. As far as the flat spot goes, that's odd and I really don't know what to tell you about that. After some of my machines with 22" Rawhide III's sit for a while (a couple months) without being used it feels like there's a flat spot on them, but they work back into shape rather quickly. I'm guessing they do the whole flat spot thing because of the very flexible sidewall.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by Hogneck View Post
    Acted like they had a flat spot in them. Is this normal? should I have to run more air?
    Hey Hogster,

Even though I've only run less than a mile total on my 25x11.5s (on the Swamp Fox), I noticed a pretty big kabump-kabump at just about any speed. The rounded out after a little bit. The 25x12s on my eight wheeler do the same thing after sitting for a while, and it seems that poor thing sits idle for long periods. I don't think you need to run more air. 3.5 pounds should be more than enough.

I think its normal for any low pressure tire that sits in one spot.(especially in the cold)
    If you run them for a bit and warm them up they should smooth out.

Thanks guys. I was hoping thats all it was. I will find out tonight after work.Lot of plowing to do.

+ Reply to Thread