22" Argo swimmer tires on Argo 8" bead lock rims and a set of Adair Tracks for my Max

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 22" Argo swimmer tires on Argo 8" bead lock rims and a set of Adair Tracks for my Max

22" Argo swimmer tires on Argo 8" bead lock rims and a set of Adair Tracks for my Max

It's been a very hard choice. I have a set of Adair tracks and 25" rawhide III's and a very nice MaxIV. I wanted to install those tires and tracks on the MaxIV but there were several clearance issues that I could have solved by heating the tub and creating the nessary clearance. What to do? I really didn't want to modify tub.

The tracks, Rawhide III's and my ASX tires on bead lock rims will soon be sold.

Replacing them will be a set of Argo 22" swimmer tires on Argo rims and a set of 16" wide Adair tracks.

The 16" tracks in swamp and mud conditions are an experiment but the extensions will never touch the ground under most trail conditions but will produce and very big aggressive foot print in soft mud. We will have to see how well they work but my thoughts are that they should do very well.

The Max will sit about 1/2" lower then it does with Terra tires but I have seen this set up on an Argo Bigfoot and the tracks offered so much traction that the ground clearance was never an issue.

The 22" tires will lower the effective gear ratio of the Max so between my red spring clutch, the 27 horse engine and a 12 tooth out put sprocket on the T-20 the MaxIV should have ground pounding grunt.

Here is a video of me saying my good byes to 2 sets of tires and a set of Adair tracks

what are you doing with the tracks Dan? i'ld like to talk if they're not sold yet.

trevor

There are only a few machines that can mount these tracks and tires, a Hustler Big Foot is one of them, the new owner is going to be a happy camper!

Always a day late to get the cool stuff!!!
    My collection: 2) attexes, 1) super swamp fox

Looks great! I guess Christmas is coming early again this year. Thanks Dan I cant wait to get those Adair Swimming tracks on my Hustler Bigfoot and those ASX's on my other Hustler Bigfoot. All I need now is a couple 35hp Vannys to show up. See you Saturday
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

+ Reply to Thread