guns

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: guns

I bought a dual gun rack for a 4wheeler thursday at tractor supply that I'm going to mount on the swamp fox for when I go rabbit hunting, I'll have my .22 and my 12 gauge, but I also carry my judge when I go out in the woods. I'm not gonna have the rack mounted until I finish painting the swamp fox but I did take a couple pics to get an idea of how it will look.

I'll just chime in on the gun-rack itself topic. I don't carry anything when I'm riding (I barely make time to ride, let alone find a reason to strap on the old Winchester), but I really like the look of the Hustler factory gun rack. I'm just tall enough that it doesn't get in my line of sight.

I do use the rack to hold my ultimate weapon, though. -My vintage Schlitz bottle opener. Most obstacles, dangerous wildlife, and general bad feelings seem to go bye-bye when I pull it out.

I don't leave the camp without a firearm of some sort. There's just to many things that can happen when your in the swamp with snakes coyotes and bears and who knows I might what to get supper while I'm out. I've never been a big salad eater. Renegade liking the rack on the swamp fox is that just regular 4 wheeler gun racks u got there.

Quote Originally Posted by azz7772 View Post
    here is a few reasons why i need to keep the wild animals away from camp

fishing pictures by azz7772 - Photobucket

Hmmm, here are a few reasons why I pack a piece with me. I am interested in good gun rack ideas too, most of the time I just have a rifle strapped to the top of my load

OMG

Lunch Time

Too Close

Run for your life

This was a fun trip

OK, this ones not mine, but still a good reason, lol

RD

I usually take my Taurus Judge with me in a shoulder holster. I keep staggered rounds of .45 & .410 in it & it's just for snakes & other critters that I might run across but don't want their company.

The Taurus Judge is a nice piece, it's the first time I hear about a .410 handgun !
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Nice pics of those critters in your neck of the woods RD....

Most times here I do not carry as much as a knife.....never felt the need to carry much....only have a few coyotes as of late and the odd black bear. The odd moose and a lynx here and there...not to much to worry about in my opinion.....

Quote Originally Posted by guyfox View Post
    Nice pics of those critters in your neck of the woods RD....

Most times here I do not carry as much as a knife.....never felt the need to carry much....only have a few coyotes as of late and the odd black bear. The odd moose and a lynx here and there...not to much to worry about in my opinion.....
    that screech can make a person feel pretty brave

Quote Originally Posted by azz7772 View Post
    that screech can make a person feel pretty brave
    AZZ7772,

I don't drink that screech stuff....we keep it to screech in mainlanders...Get them drunk enough to kiss a codfish (now with little fish try to get them to kiss a puffin's ass) and then make a fool of themselves by doing some kind of jig....makes for quite the site.

I on the other hand am fond of my crown royal....if you are going to drink then drink the good stuff....lol

The only time I carry a firearm is during season if I intend on hunting that day.....

Good hunting out west....I loved the hunting in SK when I was there....Lived in Hanley for 2 years.....worked at camp Dundun...

Seems to me the nature of the machines we own takes us out past the limits of a timely 911 response time. =)

Also they seem to cater to the likes of independent, handy adventurer types (just guessing). It seems to go hand in hand that with self reliance comes self preservation.
    I am thinking that the shotgun will go strapped under the rollcage roof from end to end of the Max. I also have a nice little long range pistol good for 150 yds with stopping power (Kel Tec plr-16 .223!) that is scaled just right for these machines. Plastic with a 30 rd clip and fits in a laptop bag if needed. IMHO
    Adapt and Overcome! -USMC

The more I learn, the less I know!

Efficiency and Capability are my 2 favorite words....
    then comes Weekend and Friends as the runner ups!

Leverage is your friend.

+ Reply to Thread