question relating to tires and cold weather

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question relating to tires and cold weather

question relating to tires and cold weather

I was wondering what your thoughts are on my predator when I first start out the ride is real bouncy and after a while it smooths out but is still there in the background. Today I had my wife drive it up and down the street and it appears that the axles and rims are running straight enough but do you think if it was stored for 6 or 7 years without running the tires could be ruined ......... Flat spots etc. Or would you suspect a bent axle more likely even if they look good when just driving on pavement? Thanx for your input in advance ..........ps forgot to mention its winter conditions here right now do these tires get square when they are cold?
    Last edited by azz7772; 03-11-2012 at 03:43 PM.

6 or 7 years sitting in one spot i would say the tires will have a flat spot.

Any temp below 30 degrees F will cause low pressure tires to have a noticeable flat spot for a while. If the ride smooths out the tires are probably ok

thanx for your thoughts I appreciate it if I do get a new set what would be your choice I can fit 25'' maybe even 26'' I don't think I am going to use tracks so a wider tire would be nice you all think the asx vampires are the best choice or maybe ? What other choices would you all choose?

It depends if you ride dirt trails,mud or water. Some tires swim better than others....some are better in the mud.
    Taller tires put more stress on the drivetrain and can cause clearance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo guy View Post
    It depends if you ride dirt trails,mud or water. Some tires swim better than others....some are better in the mud.
    Taller tires put more stress on the drivetrain and can cause clearance issues.
    my area is a mixture of everything , evergreen forests growing in sand, medows with grassy bogs, old logging trails with mud holes. And if I go a little further north it is the Canadian rocky shield lots of rock, pine forest and numerous rivers and lakes. And snow in the winter months.

+ Reply to Thread