Sorta OT: ATV type tires on riding mower Q

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sorta OT: ATV type tires on riding mower Q

Sorta OT: ATV type tires on riding mower Q

I recently bought a new (to me) house with a big yard that's got hills & hollows. Along with the house came a Craftsman LT1000 riding mower. I also got a Kubota L2600 with a 60" finish mower, but it threw a blade, so I cut the whole yard with the riding mower. Now, the question. I have seen a couple of riding mowers with ATV - type tires, say, Goodyear Rawhide IIIs like is on my Max II. The ridng mower has regular tires, I guess turf tires & in some places on the hills & even down in the bottom where it was a little damp, I had traction issues. Would ATV aggressive tread type tires really do any good? I've not seen anyone I could ask who had one of these around town to see if they really help. I figure somebody around here has done this with their mowers, so, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

I replaced the turf tires on my Woods zero turn mower with knobbys......It solved the problem of climbing hills, but will tear up the yard if you are not careful.

I had some 21" goodyear rawhides on my Grasshopper zero turn and loved it. Go for it.
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

+ Reply to Thread