cost of production

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: cost of production

If floating quads became the new amphib, the sites logo would have to change from the no entry symbol to two red pontoons :P

When I got an email of a new post from my subscription to this thread, I thought Mr. Mallards was back.

has anyone given thought to a tv series thru the outdoor channel like they do for fishers atv or dirt traxx or any other atv shows to promote our sport ,maybe this is what we need to do to jump start the recreation part and this could lead to maybe production of more aatv's

Quote Originally Posted by locolouie View Post
    has anyone given thought to a tv series thru the outdoor channel like they do for fishers atv or dirt traxx or any other atv shows to promote our sport ,maybe this is what we need to do to jump start the recreation part and this could lead to maybe production of more aatv's
    I've asked everyone I know, but no one will sponsor a bunch of guys to film me driving around the woods, non the less sponsor me to drive around the woods to be filmed. I am currently accepting sponsorship applications though.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I talked to Matt O. about 5 years ago about creating new Attex bodies for all us Attex fans. If I remember right, he told me we would need to find 80 people willing to spend $1,000 each to break even on making our own upper and lower halves from scratch (since the original molds are M.I.A.).

I now understand that an individual can't build a quality machine at a better price than those already in production. Even if you have the skills and tooling (like Whipper), your time has value too. If you have these resources and are willing to spend the time building a machine for yourself, you're not available to do other things that may generate income or some other intrinsic value.

The most practical thing to do is buy a cheap wreck that can be repaired and modify it as best you can to meet your needs.

I see this thread more as a fantasy "What if" conversation.....sort of like what I do when I actually buy a lottery ticket (once every two years or so), it's fun to imagine the possibilities.

There's a thread on making black Hustler bodies and somewhere in the archives there's the one I mentioned about making new Attex poly bodies.....heck, a bunch of us even IMed each other about making new poly bodies for the old Attex tank trainers.....that was a few years ago. Here's to the "pipe dreams"

I think your opinions have value Roblynn. If you make a statement of fact, you should be prepared to back it up. Personally, I don't know enough about 4-stroke engines to challenge you and I only know enough about the engine in my racer to keep it running. Swift, on the other hand, is pretty knowledgeable. If you can provide evidence to your claims, there are a bunch of people here who would find that information very valuable and would appreciate you for sharing it.
    ok i guess to some point i can understand sence you put it that way .. so iv posted some pictures of different stuff under miscellaneous in the gallery . im not sure what all pics up loaded but i want you guys to see im not just talking crap . im sorry i no longer have the 450r or the dyno info that was sold with it.

so no i can not 'prove that to anybody at this point, but im one of thoughs guys that modify everything i get my hands on.
    youll see a lifted f-350 dooly in the pics too that was allso put on a dyno and pushed out just under 800 h.p. and almost 1200 ft lb of tork . youll see afew tool boxs a miller 300 amp a/c d/c machine that will stick weld ,mig weld,heli arc ,and tig. and yes i fully know how to use it preforming these prosesses.

you should allso see a hypertherm 600 plasma yes i allso know how to use this. my arctic cat is in there, there should be a pic of a garage bay with four or five youth quads and some zero turns and riding mowers .every youth quad in there was moded by me .the arctic cat is an 04 bought in erly 06 with three wheels frount end smashed into the handle bars and a locked motor fully rebuilt by me ,frame,motor ,all mods.

you should see a fith wheel hydro dump trailer that i use for my company in the one garage bay that im in the middle of cutting apart and replating for use this spring. so as i cant prove everything i can prove most .
    any body on this site is welcome to come to my house pet my dogs and have a beer and see for them self that i am who i say i am (ill even bye the first case).
    if you look in the one pic there is a home depot style zero turn in the pic with a new briggs twin i said in my one post that i wasent willing to comment on the briggs, not because i dont know anything about it just because iv never had a probblem out of it or had to work on it, so i dont feel its my place to say anything of it untill sutch time as i do then i may form my owen "opinion" which is all i have given on this site to start with is "opinions" and i feel some have made unfare judjments due to my 'opinions'. im not the kind of guy that sits back and waits for others to do for me i forge ahead inspite of what others think or say . some times thats a good thing and sometimes its a down fall. but in the end iv got everything i have by doing things my way including an awsome wife and five wounderfull kids that i love .you dont come accross all this by telling storys . i dont like being put in a possition to where as i have to prove my self nore do i try to make others unless they give resson . but if im made than i will .

that will be the last of my off subject posts ,if this dosent prove anything , pm me and we can meet up sometime and discuss in person.
    any how so that this whole post isent off subject , i must say i dont at all feel that the current state of the economy is as needs be for a veture as this at this moment in time the more i think about it . it is a nice thought and gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside to have the thought of being able to get up and go to work 'and make a living ' building something like this every day . from the dovelopment to the fabrication to the sales . it would all be fun . and somebody said something of a poly tub that it would take 80 ppl at a grand a crack to get into the black. thats why i think an aluminum hual is the way to go. the only time plastics seem to be proffitable is in mass production the dies and extrusion pess,s are astronomical in price .besides the r&d would be so much ezer if made out of aluminum or a light weight alloy and could be brought to market without a but load of retooling ,it would be as simple as building afew new jiggs for the welders to use in the fab prosses. p.s. im happy to hear some of what i think my be of interest to some here
    whats a four stroke ? you mean they make low h.p. motors that dont smoke ? who wants that ????
    like Henry FORD iv always got a better way

Quote Originally Posted by locolouie View Post
    i have seen some argos on afew outdoor shows (mostly foul hunting duck,goose) not to many ppl i meet around here even know of 6x6 or 8x8 anphibs other than argo. i think its is mostly due to the fact there is vary little advertising done by the market. most ppl that do know are older now and grew up around one or knew somebody that had one. iv looked into tv advertising and i can see why they shy away from it . for meet to advertise for one week with a therty sec spot on a locale tv station off peak hrs was around 5 grand .
    i wouldent even want to know what kind of cash it would take to go national in prime time
    whats a four stroke ? you mean they make low h.p. motors that dont smoke ? who wants that ????

Quote Originally Posted by Beeman View Post
    If floating quads became the new amphib, the sites logo would have to change from the no entry symbol to two red pontoons :P

When I got an email of a new post from my subscription to this thread, I thought Mr. Mallards was back.
    Mr. Mallards, is back, that's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by roblynn View Post
    ok i guess to some point i can understand sence you put it that way .. so iv posted some pictures of different stuff under miscellaneous in the gallery . im not sure what all pics up loaded but i want you guys to see im not just talking crap . im sorry i no longer have the 450r or the dyno info that was sold with it.

so no i can not 'prove that to anybody at this point, but im one of thoughs guys that modify everything i get my hands on.
    youll see a lifted f-350 dooly in the pics too that was allso put on a dyno and pushed out just under 800 h.p. and almost 1200 ft lb of tork . youll see afew tool boxs a miller 300 amp a/c d/c machine that will stick weld ,mig weld,heli arc ,and tig. and yes i fully know how to use it preforming these prosesses.

you should allso see a hypertherm 600 plasma yes i allso know how to use this. my arctic cat is in there, there should be a pic of a garage bay with four or five youth quads and some zero turns and riding mowers .every youth quad in there was moded by me .the arctic cat is an 04 bought in erly 06 with three wheels frount end smashed into the handle bars and a locked motor fully rebuilt by me ,frame,motor ,all mods.

you should see a fith wheel hydro dump trailer that i use for my company in the one garage bay that im in the middle of cutting apart and replating for use this spring. so as i cant prove everything i can prove most .
    any body on this site is welcome to come to my house pet my dogs and have a beer and see for them self that i am who i say i am (ill even bye the first case).
    if you look in the one pic there is a home depot style zero turn in the pic with a new briggs twin i said in my one post that i wasent willing to comment on the briggs, not because i dont know anything about it just because iv never had a probblem out of it or had to work on it, so i dont feel its my place to say anything of it untill sutch time as i do then i may form my owen "opinion" which is all i have given on this site to start with is "opinions" and i feel some have made unfare judjments due to my 'opinions'. im not the kind of guy that sits back and waits for others to do for me i forge ahead inspite of what others think or say . some times thats a good thing and sometimes its a down fall. but in the end iv got everything i have by doing things my way including an awsome wife and five wounderfull kids that i love .you dont come accross all this by telling storys . i dont like being put in a possition to where as i have to prove my self nore do i try to make others unless they give resson . but if im made than i will .

that will be the last of my off subject posts ,if this dosent prove anything , pm me and we can meet up sometime and discuss in person.
    any how so that this whole post isent off subject , i must say i dont at all feel that the current state of the economy is as needs be for a veture as this at this moment in time the more i think about it . it is a nice thought and gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside to have the thought of being able to get up and go to work 'and make a living ' building something like this every day . from the dovelopment to the fabrication to the sales . it would all be fun . and somebody said something of a poly tub that it would take 80 ppl at a grand a crack to get into the black. thats why i think an aluminum hual is the way to go. the only time plastics seem to be proffitable is in mass production the dies and extrusion pess,s are astronomical in price .besides the r&d would be so much ezer if made out of aluminum or a light weight alloy and could be brought to market without a but load of retooling ,it would be as simple as building afew new jiggs for the welders to use in the fab prosses. p.s. im happy to hear some of what i think my be of interest to some here

Ok you may not want hear this but some of your points get lost in the translation when every third word is misspelled. I'm no great speller myself but hit the spellcheck every once in awhile
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Quote Originally Posted by micmac View Post
    Ok you may not want hear this but some of your points get lost in the translation when every third word is misspelled. I'm no great speller myself but hit the spellcheck every once in awhile
    lol ya not my strong point ... and i tryed spell check it wanted me to down load something i was afraid of a virus

+ Reply to Thread