What about aluminum wheels?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What about aluminum wheels?

What about aluminum wheels?

It seems all I see is mostly steel wheels.I recently bought my first AATV an it still has the 3 hole flotation originals on it.Wht dont more people use aluminum wheels?

Lack of availability and cost

I do not see many ATV rims with the 5 bolt pattern and you 3 bolt pattern need adaptors. Maybe there is an adaptor to 4 bolt then you would have greater selection.

Stick with the Balloon tires if you still have them even if you need to repair them
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

I know that I will need the adapters but was more interested in why there are not more aluminum wheels on AATVS.

5 bolt pattern. Steel rim lips can be bent back into shape where aluminum will break. Low tire pressure causes some impact to the wheel most aluminum wheels would not hold up to getting the side impact from turning and the occasional hit when the tire flexes.

Chrome platters

If you want you rims to look good you could try a chrome platter if you are not happy with steel rim
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

Aluminum Wheels

Super Grip makes a stout 5x4.5 bolt pattern 12x7 aluminum wheel that works nicely. They are designed to mount a wide tire; the tire protects the rim. If you run the atv tires you wont have to worry about damaging them due to side wall flex but you will have a harsh ride. They are also very light. Low weight = low rotating mass and faster acceleration.
    Hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread