Saturday @ my shop in Western NY, AATV work and play day. March 10th

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saturday @ my shop in Western NY, AATV work and play day. March 10th

Saturday @ my shop in Western NY, AATV work and play day. March 10th

Anyone that is interested in working on and/or driving their machine this Saturday at my place in Lockport, NY can PM me and I will give them the address. I will be working on my trailer for my MAX IV and jpswift1 will be working on the swamp fox. I have a fully equipped shop and eight acres to drive on with lots of hills and a creek running through the middle of it. Right now the weather forecast looks good, 40 and sunny.
    MAX IV Mark

Count me in Mark! This is a fun place to play and work on AATVs and Mark is always nice enough to let me use his shop and pick his brain for good ideas. Here's some a video clip of some of the terrain at Mark's place:

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Holy crap, you have 8 acres there?

Game on!

Good proving grounds for the Super Swamp Fox!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I have zero tow points completed on the machine. We'll have to wrap a strap around an axle to tow it up out of the creek when it breaks.

When it breaks? Na....I'd be willing to bet it'll do just fine, but if not Mark has some good recovery equipment on hand. The 'Fox might be pushing the lifting capacity for his one Hyster lift, but it should suffice for any needed recovery efforts.

Hmmm, you sure are tempting me Mark. I still have lots of work on my new shop build. My machine has been in my enclosed trailer all winter so basically it is ready to go.
    We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Holy crap, you have 8 acres there?

Game on!
    I had hope we could get to see you machine in motion. Perfect testing ground, anything needs work you're less than 5 min from the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    When it breaks? Na....I'd be willing to bet it'll do just fine, but if not Mark has some good recovery equipment on hand. The 'Fox might be pushing the lifting capacity for his one Hyster lift, but it should suffice for any needed recovery efforts.

Where did you find that picture. That color scheme on that one makes my big yellow one look sedate, never thought that would happen

Quote Originally Posted by mark m. View Post
    Hmmm, you sure are tempting me Mark. I still have lots of work on my new shop build. My machine has been in my enclosed trailer all winter so basically it is ready to go.
    We will see.
    Come on down, it should be fun. You need to give your machine a workout to keep them in good shape........ consider it preventative maintenance
    I always have to remind myself of the fact I am working so I can have fun, but then I am tempted to say I don't have time for the fun when it happens.....

I came across it on a Google search. Next on your to do list.......a fresh coat of paint on the Hyster!

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    I have zero tow points completed on the machine. We'll have to wrap a strap around an axle to tow it up out of the creek when it breaks.
    So Mike. That means your going to have to enter the water to hook that strap to the axle. That fast running stream sure looks cold.

+ Reply to Thread