Adiar Tracks, all others need not apply

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Adiar Tracks, all others need not apply

Adiar Tracks, all others need not apply

I made the decision and decided my next machine would have tracks. But what tracks to buy? After much research I headed out to see Tim at Adair Argo and had him fit my Argo with a set of his world famous tracks. Doug (foxvalley) is just a couple hours north of us and invited us for a ride on his property to test our machine with the new tracks.

Here is a picture of our machines. All equipped with Adair tracks.

This picture shows the type of trail and terrain that is Doug's marsh. We rode for hours and none of the machines ever needed to use their winch.

And lunch on the island were no machine this time of year has ever been without Adair tracks.

This was another destination in the marsh. It was built in the winter as before Adair tracks that was the only time of year the spot was accessible.

In this picture taken in the ditch you can see we are on a mat of marsh grass. The Adair tracks keep the 750 HDI afloat when just standing you start to sink. the ditch is 6-8 feet deep below the mat of marsh grass.

This was the most intense day of offroading I have ever experienced. Hours of trail riding and going were no one else has been without really getting stuck. And did I mention we were clean at the end of the day.

A big thanks to Tim at Adair Argo for his tracks, and Doug and Gail for a the use of their land.

Keith.

Keith

Once I drove my new 2011 Argo Frontier with the Adair tracks into the places that I had serious problems with very aggressive atv mud tires with ease, I had no desire to run tires again. You can drive though places with confidence that you'd never drive through with tires.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    Keith

Once I drove my new 2011 Argo Frontier with the Adair tracks into the places that I had serious problems with very aggressive atv mud tires with ease, I had no desire to run tires again. You can drive though places with confidence that you'd never drive through with tires.
    The Adair tracks are amazing. I know what you mean about going places you you could not go with tires. The reason I looked into tracks was on our own property there was a mud hole that was just plain impossible to get through. I was stuck in it for hours on three occasions before I just gave up and made a trail around it. Now the trail not only goes through it but you can take a turn in it and go under a fallen tree and out to join the outer trail if you want. All effortlessly.

What was cool about riding in Doug's marsh with Doug was he was able to tell and show us how far he was able to get with tires AND different style tracks. With the Adair open style track I was able to climb out of holes that would stop other styles of tracks. I am really happy I went with the Adair tracks for the types of terrain I ride on and in.

Keith.

Keith

I drove my Argo frontier with Adair tracks all over a low swamp area while a group of side by sides and 4-wheelers were all watching me in disbelief. Just as soon as I drove out of the swamp a brave 4-wheeler rider on a Polaris with a 6 inch lift kit and outlaw tires on it thought that he could take the exact same trail that I drove out on. He made it about 6 feet out from where my Argo 6x6 was parked at and then his four tires dug deep ruts on either side of his atv and sunk him all the way down to the frame. I turned my Argo around and then winched him out.

This is what the swamp looked like that day.

Last edited by mudbug3; 04-09-2012 at 07:13 PM.

That is a great video. It really shows how you just sort of pick where you want to go and go there with the Adair tracks. That mud looks really gooey and you can tell you dropped in some nasty holes but just kept motoring through. Doug should have some video up soon. His trails force you to take one route. You really cannot go around any of the obstacles, you just have to manage them. There is marsh, stumps, bogs, muck and water. It is crazy.

Keith.

Keith

When I was running Gator's, Executione's, and Terra Tires on my Max IV 6x6 I knew where I could drive my amphib. Some places I might drive my amphib, and in some places I knew I'd be a fool to drive into with out getting stuck really bad. That's all changed now with the Adair tracks that I,m running on my Argo Frontier. Now I just drive into places that I'd never even attempt to drive through before with any brand of tires ,and with complete confidence that I'll drive right through it. It never ceases to amaze me where I can go now with the Adair tracks. I'm Looking forward to your video with Doug.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 12-22-2012 at 05:11 PM.

I am getting sick I want a set so bad........

Catro

Patience my friend, your time with come.

How much for a set for an Argo Bigfoot, I have tires (the ones I run in my standard tracks should be fine right?

Castro

I think a set for a 6x6 Max or Argo run $2,500 ,and you'll need to run 22" inch tires with the Adair tracks to have enough lower tub clearance. The good thing about running 22" inch tires is that you have better gear reduction compared to running 25" inch tires. Plus, when running a 22" inch tire you have a whole lot more side grouser wrap , making it VERY hard to walk out of a track.

+ Reply to Thread