Adiar Tracks, all others need not apply

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Adiar Tracks, all others need not apply

So would I. LOL
    I'm still waiting on the motor to be rebuilt.....Then I have to order a belt to fit. Some test and tune tearing up the yard...then I will find a little spare time for a road trip to Iowa.
    Did I mention: All donations will be accepted.

Buggyman, Kghills, Foxvalley, it's nice to see other folks discovering what I already know, an old machine with a set of Adair tracks becomes an unstoppable beast. It's super to see some of the old Argos reborn and unstoppable.

Buggyman, I absolutely cannot wait to see some video of your machine. I will soon have my MaxIV set up with a set of 22" Argo tires, a set of 16" Adair tracks, 27 horse engine, 12 tooth output shaft and a red spring clutch-it's going to be a beast!

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Buggyman, Kghills, Foxvalley, it's nice to see other folks discovering what I already know, an old machine with a set of Adair tracks becomes an unstoppable beast. It's super to see some of the old Argos reborn and unstoppable.

Buggyman, I absolutely cannot wait to see some video of your machine. I will soon have my MaxIV set up with a set of 22" Argo tires, a set of 16" Adair tracks, 27 horse engine, 12 tooth output shaft and a red spring clutch-it's going to be a beast!
    Dan, glad to see you jump in. Your videos are what inspired me to purchase my Bigfoot and make the trip to Adair to get it fit with tracks. I also spent hours on this forum reading the questions and answers people had about all tracks and it seamed for my intended rides the Adair tracks were the obvious choice. What I did not really realize is how capable they seem to be on just about anything you put them on. The videos posted on the Mud Nationals thread show a Max IV with the Adair tracks. It looks to be very capable. I will be interested to get your opinion of your Max IV compared to your 650 HD when fit with the Adair tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    Hi Castro...the argo bigfoot is more expensive because it comes with 6 new tires and wheels...if you already have a set of smaller tires, then it would be the same cost as just buying a set for a vanguard or vanguard II that came factory with the smaller 22" track able size tires

Take care :-)
    Tim if you are following this thread how about a little insight on what wheel tire combinations work with your tracks on different machines. I know you have your Adair tracks on all sorts of things now. Care to share what fits what and what options a guy might have? My family is already hinting they would like a second machine.

Keith.

Keith, I still have the extra MaxII tub.....And I'd love to see someone else tackle the bigfoot conversion. Don't you still have the MaxII?
    I'm hoping to head out to Iowa myself in a few weeks.....maybe I could find room to bring it along.

Jim, PM sent. Can't wait to see your new avatar with your tracked Bigfoot Max II.

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    Tim if you are following this thread how about a little insight on what wheel tire combinations work with your tracks on different machines. I know you have your Adair tracks on all sorts of things now. Care to share what fits what and what options a guy might have? My family is already hinting they would like a second machine.

Keith.
    Keith,

Unfortunately the rules of the site prevent Tim from responding to this thread (no commercial posts allowed). Otherwise he would have already responded and answered your question. You can however PM him directly and he can give you any details that you asked about here via PM.

Thanks Mike. Sent you a PM and took the time this morning to read over the site rules. Contacted Tim for the info hope to have it soon.

Keith.

Kghills: When do we get to see some video of those three Argos in action in Wisconsin? Also could you tell us how the Bigfoot and Vanguard performed in relation to the HDI and if you were able to go everywhere the HDI went? Was everyone impressed with the capabilities of the smaller 6x6 units?

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Kghills: When do we get to see some video of those three Argos in action in Wisconsin? Also could you tell us how the Bigfoot and Vanguard performed in relation to the HDI and if you were able to go everywhere the HDI went? Was everyone impressed with the capabilities of the smaller 6x6 units?
    Dan, I hope Doug gets them up soon. I know he had some new editing software, maybe he is still trying to figure it out.

Even though I am really proud of the Bigfoot I have to admit that the older Vanguard went everywhere I went. In fact with my son driving the Vanguard (his first time by the way) he made the deep holes look very easy. His method was to just power through them while I usually tried to out think myself by trying to figure out if there was a better line.

The best answer I can give you reguarding the performance of the HDI to the older machines is what Doug told me. He honestly felt that if he knew how well his old Vanguard would perform with Adair tracks compared to his old plastic tracks he probably would not have bought the HDI. The only time I found a problem going were the HDI went was on a trail previously augured out by the bigger tracks and following the HDI. If I followed a trail that he had been running on there might be spots that would try to high center my machine if I did not pay attention. But even when I high centered, it was trying to climb out of a nasty hole and I was able to back up. I could just not climb forward in his ruts. It was amazing the capabilities the older machines had even with there narrower tracks. I really do not see a need for wider tracks on the 6x6 machines unless you are in something like snow where you would need a little extra flotation. Again, these open style tracks with their UHMW grousers rock in the wet mucky environment we were riding in. I also find that they work very well in the loose dirt and wooded areas I ride in at home. I will try to take some videos myself and post them in the next couple days so people can see the type of trails I ride on about every day and why I chose these tracks to outfit my machine.

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by kghills

Even though I am really proud of the Bigfoot I have to admit that the older Vanguard went everywhere I went. In fact with my son driving the Vanguard (his first time by the way) he made the deep holes look very easy. His method was to just power through them while I usually tried to out think myself by trying to figure out if there was a better line.

The best answer I can give you reguarding the performance of the HDI to the older machines is what Doug told me. He honestly felt that if he knew how well his old Vanguard would perform with Adair tracks compared to his old plastic tracks he probably would not have bought the HDI. The only time I found a problem going were the HDI went was on a trail previously augured out by the bigger tracks and following the HDI. If I followed a trail that he had been running on there might be spots that would try to high center my machine if I did not pay attention. But even when I high centered, it was trying to climb out of a nasty hole and I was able to back up. I could just not climb forward in his ruts. It was amazing the capabilities the older machines had even with there narrower tracks. I really do not see a need for wider tracks on the 6x6 machines unless you are in something like snow where you would need a little extra flotation. Again, these open style tracks with their UHMW grousers rock in the wet mucky environment we were riding in. I also find that they work very well in the loose dirt and wooded areas I ride in at home. Keith.

Keith

Exellent post! This is good imformation for forum members that own older machines.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 04-12-2012 at 03:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread