Adiar Tracks, all others need not apply

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Adiar Tracks, all others need not apply

a new engine and more power is sweet. Was your machine underpowered or old/tired Keith? Was it for more power with tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by rockrewls View Post
    Enjoy!!, but watch out for water hoses, cement floors, trailer decks, power cords, lotion bottles and small children those teeth are sharp!!
    Kinda curious keith, you have been so against the Escargo metal design and now your using metal addons, how come???

Rock
    Maybe you missed this post. You guys convinced me to at least give some sort of steel traction aid a try.

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    Made the trip to Adair Iowa this weekend. After all the discussion on the track threads about steel inserts and traction for extreme environments I thought I would give the Pro series tracks with winter kit a try on my Max IV.

The winter kit adds giant stainless steel cleats to the outside of the track.

I ended up removing the support rail and running 2.5" spacers with the new tracks. The rubber belting used in the pro series tracks is very tough and should eliminate some of the track/chain wear issues of my previous tracks.

I am excited to run these tracks in a month at the Swamp run here in Wisconsin. I just hope they don't tear up the yard, trailer and cement too much.

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    a new engine and more power is sweet. Was your machine underpowered or old/tired Keith? Was it for more power with tracks?
    The Kohler 25hp ran/runs great, just a matter of under powered when I actually had traction. My machine is geared with a 13 tooth gear on the T20 but even that does not seem to help the 25hp Kohler enough. The aggressive cleats just don't slip and seem to work the engine when climbing over logs or steep banks to the point were it lays down and runs out of power. Remember the Max is a 6x6 and it usually needs to pull itself just about verticle to go over the things I want to climb. The 8x8 has the luxury of a longer wheelbase and gets to push itself over a lot of things. Pushing while pulling takes way less power.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

well good luck with the addons!! they certainly will add traction although turning may be harder as they are always dug into the ground, I certainly can see why you would need the extra power.
    I just hope you don't end up with a lot more of this because of the metal addon's

vids would be great if you get the chance.

Rock
    Last edited by rockrewls; 04-15-2014 at 03:28 AM.

I am really enjoing the belted pro series Adair tracks on my HDI. They are a very stable platform and seem to have almost unlimited tracton for what ever the occasion.

+ Reply to Thread